• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,421 posts in this topic

Same seller, but about a week before the $50's you're

thinking about. Bit of a bidding war for this one. Graded right? About a full point overgraded imo. I'm still happy with it.

(thumbs u

Not a bad seller, definately not a good grader....I bought the jungle that was listed as a VF+ with the boards chiming in at 4.0-6.0 range max.

Your copy looks quite nice.

Maybe I was out of line but I asked the seller for a small refund considering what I believe to be a bad overgrade. He/She threw the guide price at me and said I still got a great deal. In the end he said I could send the book back for a full refund, less shipping. I paid 8 for shipping plus would've paid another 6 or so to ship it back and the idea of giving this person 15 bucks for nothing didn't appeal to me. I probably won't buy from them again. Well, at least without a better scan next time. In the grand scheme its not a big deal. I think I paid probably 25 bucks more than I would've if I knew the truer grade of the book beforehand.

Just 3 more to go ... I'm trying to get the last 7 issues of the run in matching 8.5.

four_startlings_small.jpg

That's an impressive start!!! :applause:

I just realized that the dragon/snake is really a mechanical contraption manipulated by the natives. Seems like an awfully weird thing for potentially primitive natives to have created, nor is it easy to tell how the fire works.

I'm not sure why I never noticed it before. There must have been something else about the drawing that distracted me.

Rangers31front.jpg