• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
48 48

48,563 posts in this topic

I got a nice Batch of classic coves today! I'll post a couple here, and a couple in precode. maybe more later on....

OK, so what is the deal with this book? Which came first, this or the stress squeezie toy they look just like?

2106895744_0b9d4edc35_o.jpg

You mean whatever the Robotman on the left is carrying? Looks like a squeezie toy to me. A firm squeeze would definitely relieve my stress.

Jack

...Got a cool St John Baker Romance from Doug. Those collecting these know how competitive that market is so I was thrilled to get a nicely priced beater and an annoyingly eluding Atlas Teen book: Georgie Comics. I'll be happy to show my 6 books from Metro once they get here ...

49283-GeorgieComics35s.jpg

Yoiks!

Jughead stole Archie's clothes and put a big ol' orange sponge on his head for the prom? No wonder water drops are flying off his head.

Jack

(I can commiserate with your story but doubt I'll ever get desperate enough to order from Metro)

And this is one of may favorite GA DC covers, and the reason is, It's a secret short bus book! What on EARTH is happening with the eyes of that bug? It makes absolutely NO sense! They look like rose hips sticking out. Regardless, it's a knockout image. I just wish they explained thosse eyes on the inside!

You mean aside from the Cruelty to Animals sequence -

49291-AS18-Puppies1.jpg.def7ec44428f758b288861dbbf893eb2.jpg

49292-AS18-Puppies2.jpg.fa9616bd28518d6e957ab69c9ed58442.jpg

I got a nice Batch of classic coves today! I'll post a couple here, and a couple in precode. maybe more later on....

OK, so what is the deal with this book? Which came first, this or the stress squeezie toy they look just like?

You mean whatever the Robotman on the left is carrying? Looks like a squeezie toy to me. A firm squeeze would definitely relieve my stress.

Jack

loldoh!

And this is one of may favorite GA DC covers, and the reason is, It's a secret short bus book! What on EARTH is happening with the eyes of that bug? It makes absolutely NO sense! They look like rose hips sticking out. Regardless, it's a knockout image. I just wish they explained thosse eyes on the inside!

2106114599_c63571f699_o.jpg

WOW! I've heard so much about this book!

Didn't Roy Thomas write a 12-issue miniseries in the 80s to explain those eyes?

The bug's mouth kinda reminds me of some of your characters' mouths!

Congrats on scoring a grail. I suppose we COULD save it a seat on the Short Bus.

Jack

Ahhh...those puppies had it coming!

I don't think robotmen is impossible to find, but they don't grow on trees. Months will pass before one comes up on ebay and dealers are usually out. The insides are nice, somewhat typical Avon, but nice avon.

Thanks for the info.

About those puppies, what I find quite :screwy: is why the King Bee unleashes dogs while he commands human flies, termite men, borer men, water bugs, spider men, ant men and my favorite, grasshopper men lol

I was gonna email to see if you got them today but I guess this answers my question! (thumbs u

Glad to finally have this one in hand!

Thanks Rick!!!! :cloud9:

DSC_0012.jpg

Yahoo, Ronaldo! That and 22 are my two favorite pre-Batman Detective covers. (Bet you didn't think I had a favorite of those, did you?)

Congrats!

Glad to finally have this one in hand!

Thanks Rick!!!! :cloud9:

DSC_0012.jpg

Yahoo, Ronaldo! That and 22 are my two favorite pre-Batman Detective covers. (Bet you didn't think I had a favorite of those, did you?)

Congrats!

Hey Rich,

When was the last time you saw an unrestored 22 for sell? How about a mid to high grade copy? I haven't seen a copy in a LONG time.

Greg