• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,426 posts in this topic

0772.jpg

What's this from?

It's a Giclee

"The Marvel Mystery Comics #66 cover is arguably the best of Schomburg’s painted recreations from his classic

pen & ink works from Timely’s Golden Age! The painting depicts the Torch & his pal Toro melting through the side

of a Japanese airship that is flying over Manhattan. With their Death Ray machine pointed directly at the city below

(the Empire State and the Chrysler Buildings are clearly visible) the Japanese villains find themselves caught by

surprise by the two flying superheroes.

A “Visual Marvel!”

Through the latest state of the art techniques and utilizing the best paper stock, the giclee that has been created is

of the finest quality ever produced! The work is faithful to the original painting from the vibrancy and saturation of the

colors to the exact dimensions being duplicated. The original painting was executed in gauche on board."

I believe there were only 12 produced

HOWDY DOODY!

Very nice -- I bet those are hard to find in high grade!

A surprisingly good series. I think I posted one a while back, which I also indexed for GCD, but it was a beater. I don't think I've ever seen another one posted, with the possible exception of the Four Color issues.

(Nicest 9.4 I've ever seen)

Jack