• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,425 posts in this topic

This just in too from the same collection! :cloud9:

TargetComicsVol912.jpg

I was so tempted to pull the trigger on that great LB COLE! Nice pick up, I like it alot!

I know what you mean, but brent made me sell it lol

I'm sure glad he did, I really like it! :grin:

What does the "WW" stand for anyway? Did the OO kept notes attached to these books at one time?

TargetComicsVol912.jpg

I was so tempted to pull the trigger on that great LB COLE! Nice pick up, I like it alot!

What does the "WW" stand for anyway? Did the OO kept notes attached to these books at one time?

WW? (shrug)

TargetComicsVol912.jpg

WW? (shrug)

Back in 1957, sweet-talking W.W. lived in a '55 Olds, loved bubble gum, Errol Flynn, country music, fried chicken, robbing filling stations to pay for comic books, and a girl named Dixie. Not necessarily in that order.
hm

Just picked these two up yesterday. Two great covers in one day...I'd like to have more days like that!

The first, Marvel Family #77, is one that's been on my wantlist for a long time due to the classic gruesome communist claw cover. I was thrilled to stumble upon this very nice mid-grade copy with bright colors and nice pages.

The second book is Spy Smasher #6. I never paid much attention to this title in the past, but when I saw this awesome Raboy cover with the iconic image of Spy Smasher looming over it I just had to have it.

marvelfamily77f65nt4.jpg

spysmasher6fvf70xm7.jpg

Edited by RedFury

Just picked these two up yesterday. Two great covers in one day...I'd like to have more days like that!

The first, Marvel Family #77, is one that's been on my wantlist for a long time due to the classic gruesome communist claw cover. I was thrilled to stumble upon this very nice mid-grade copy with bright colors and nice pages.

The second book is Spy Smasher #6. I never paid much attention to this title in the past, but when I saw this awesome Raboy cover with the iconic image of Spy Smasher looming over it I just had to have it.

marvelfamily77f65nt4.jpg

spysmasher6fvf70xm7.jpg

Great books. I love the Marvel Family. Much nicer than my copy. :applause:

marvelfamily77f65nt4.jpg

spysmasher6fvf70xm7.jpg

Great books. I love the Marvel Family. Much nicer than my copy. :applause:

Those are both cool books. The Marvel Family is on my want list. Nice pick-ups.

Ken

Another wicked book Andy!! Your collection is very impressive ... group shot time? Would love to see your favorite books!

Not a bad idea! I have an hour before dinner, time to set one up!

um, HEADLINE #8 gonna be in there? :wishluck:

In the pole position!

Decided to order my favorite golden age books, from 1-24 (photo looked better than 1-25).

Here they are, from left to right. I've never bothered to lay them out in order of preference, and I was shocked to find that not only did my True Crimes not make the cut, neither did my Timelys!

gs1.jpg

gs2.jpg

Let me be the first.... Holy cow! Nice Andy! (worship)

Is that my TOTJ 21, or have you since upgraded?

Your copy. I was thinking about upgrading, but I really like the colors on this one.