• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

Nice books Ronaldo!

I get a lot of my GA from a collector friend...and he always asks me to post pictures here...I'm kind of shy about posting books, but I like to post them, in order to thank my friend. MOST of these were from him, but not all, and some I've had for a while...also I realized that a few are ending on Ebay tonight (I need to pay for something else;) So, I'd better show the picture FAST, while I still have them:)

So this is to share with you guys, but also for my friend Richard:)

Here is the shot, Richard:) Hope you like them:) Pictures aren't too good, but the books are charming of course, thanks for helping me obtain them, I always appreciate your help!

action211.jpg

action211a.jpg

actoin211b.jpg

Great books Sharon, and what a nice friend Richard must be to have :)

came in too late on Friday for Ponscon, but man, oh man I love it. very solid book.

630e_3.JPG

Congrats on a great book Billy :applause:

thanks Pons; i sure wish i'da had it for you to read this w'end.

Nice books Ronaldo!

I get a lot of my GA from a collector friend...and he always asks me to post pictures here...I'm kind of shy about posting books, but I like to post them, in order to thank my friend. MOST of these were from him, but not all, and some I've had for a while...also I realized that a few are ending on Ebay tonight (I need to pay for something else;) So, I'd better show the picture FAST, while I still have them:)

So this is to share with you guys, but also for my friend Richard:)

Here is the shot, Richard:) Hope you like them:) Pictures aren't too good, but the books are charming of course, thanks for helping me obtain them, I always appreciate your help!

Great books Sharon, and what a nice friend Richard must be to have :)

Thanks Bill, that's why I love Comic collecting, there are such NICE people:) and

Billy, those don't HAVE to be purple, they are just spectacular! and purty, too;) ! :applause:

Yes, I thought about it Mike, and ...ummm..maybe next year;) but thanks!

I don't want to steal Sharon's thunder, but while we are on ACTION's ...

I just got this in the mail today... ACTION 14. It was an ebay purchase from a non-dealer, so I took a chance, and am very happy with the book. Its VERY solid (both staples attached, CF firm), nice corners, very decent paper (would probably get a cream-to-off white from CGC if submitted, but it fits my standards!). I would be curious to see what it would get from CGC ... i would peg it at a 3.5, and I can't find any resto work on it. Pressed out it would be real nice.

My first ACTION!! And the main reason I didn't buy anything at the Cali Con yesterday...

Guardineer cover! :cloud9:

ACTION14cvrpost.jpg

SUP Siegel and Shuster, Bob Kane, B. Bailey, plus two Guardineer stories! :cloud9::cloud9:

My fav Guardineer page (from ZATARA):

ACTION14zatarapost.jpg

Great panel from ZATARA:

ACTION14zatpanel.jpg

I am treading on some dangerous ground, dipping into the DC's ...

I just got this in the mail today... ACTION 14. It was an ebay purchase from a non-dealer, so I took a chance, and am very happy with the book. Its VERY solid (both staples attached, CF firm), nice corners, very decent paper (would probably get a cream-to-off white from CGC if submitted, but it fits my standards!). I would be curious to see what it would get from CGC ... i would peg it at a 3.5, and I can't find any resto work on it. Pressed out it would be real nice.

My first ACTION!! And the main reason I didn't buy anything at the Cali Con yesterday...

ACTION14cvrpost.jpg

SUP Siegel and Shuster, Bob Kane, B. Bailey, plus two Guardineer stories! :cloud9::cloud9:

ACTION14zatarapost.jpg

Great panel from ZATARA:

ACTION14zatpanel.jpg

Great book Ryan (worship)

Don't worry, you are safe with DC's of that caliber ;)

ACTION14cvrpost.jpg

Damn fine book...I was eying that on eBay as well...Nice Action to start with... (thumbs u :cloud9:

Thanks guys!! I just love the Guardineer ACTION covers... this one and #15 (SUP submarine cover) are my favorites.

Man, wouldn't it have been cool if Guardineer had done a DETECTIVE pre-Robin BATMAN cover, the way he did the Superman ACTION 15 cover? hm His #28, #30 and #32 covers were awesome, but would have loved to see his take on Batman...

:cloud9: again

A long time grail book has finally been acquired

whiz1.jpg

Sorry I'm late to the worship, been swamped at work the last few weeks.

Without further ado...

(worship) (worship) (worship):applause: :applause: :applause:(worship) (worship) (worship)

CONGRATS BILL!!!!!

(worship) (worship) (worship):applause: :applause: :applause:(worship) (worship) (worship)

Thanks guys!! I just love the Guardineer ACTION covers... this one and #15 (SUP submarine cover) are my favorites.

Man, wouldn't it have been cool if Guardineer had done a DETECTIVE pre-Robin BATMAN cover, the way he did the Superman ACTION 15 cover? hm His #28, #30 and #32 covers were awesome, but would have loved to see his take on Batman...

:cloud9: again

nice pick up...so, it is better than I thought (thumbs u

whiz1.jpg

Without further ado...

CONGRATS BILL!!!!!

Thanks a ton Todd. I am so happy to have this book at long last. :cloud9:

ACTION14cvrpost.jpg

ACTION14zatarapost.jpg

Great panel from ZATARA:

ACTION14zatpanel.jpg

I was looking for the appropriate THUNDER gremlin;) but you will have to settle for these, GREAT BOOK! :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9::acclaim:(worship)

whiz1.jpg

Without further ado...

CONGRATS BILL!!!!!

of course, I had previously offered him 2 of the finest Whiz 1 examples on the face of the earth, and I got was a cold shoulder...guess I should have waited till pons con :sorry:

whiz1.jpg

Without further ado...

CONGRATS BILL!!!!!

of course, I had previously offered him 2 of the finest Whiz 1 examples on the face of the earth, and I got was a cold shoulder...guess I should have waited till pons con :sorry:

:sorry:

What can I say? I like low to mid grade..... :blush:

I was looking for the appropriate THUNDER gremlin;) but you will have to settle for these, GREAT BOOK! :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9::acclaim:(worship)

Thanks Sharon (and Rick! i think you pretty much nailed the grading based on the photos)!

Thanks Sharon (and Rick! i think you pretty much nailed the grading based on the photos)!

now book end it with a 15!