• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,437 posts in this topic

Here's my take for the week...

Space Action #2

spaceaction2.jpg

:applause:

Now, looking at the cover, is the spaceman upset because he shot the girl? I mean.....his space gun was recently fired and the creature seems to be just fine... hm

(shrug)

Space Action #2

spaceaction2.jpg

Now, looking at the cover, is the spaceman upset because he shot the girl? I mean.....his space gun was recently fired and the creature seems to be just fine... hm

(shrug)

It's open for interpretation... (shrug)

Space Action #2

spaceaction2.jpg

(shrug)

It's open for interpretation... (shrug)

I interpret it as a great book. Been on my wantlist for a while.

Space Action #2

spaceaction2.jpg

(shrug)

I'm not sure if that's a spaceman at all, what with those dainty fingers on the gun and the lipstick.

Space Action #2

spaceaction2.jpg

(shrug)

I'm not sure if that's a spaceman at all, what with those dainty fingers on the gun and the lipstick.

Maybe he's an extra-terrestrial metro-sexual ... hm

My new pre hero Adventure :applause:

Thanks to Swapto!!

39fc.jpg

One of my favorite covers of the run. Beautiful colors and great eye appeal on that copy!

Ken

Who is the cover by???...the label says Bob Kane on one side and Craig Flessel on the other???... (shrug)

Thanks to Swapto!!

39fc.jpg

One of my favorite covers of the run. Beautiful colors and great eye appeal on that copy!

Ken

Who is the cover by???...the label says Bob Kane on one side and Craig Flessel on the other???... (shrug)

Bob Kane?????????

He couldn't have TRACED a cover that well.

I remember this cover discussed at GCD:

"Art previously credited to Creig Flessel; changed per Scott Bonagofsky, 4/19/2007, from results of his discussions with Creig Flessel."

Jack

Thanks to Swapto!!

39fc.jpg

Ken

Bob Kane?????????

LIAR :sumo:

Charlatan :pullhair:

Defiler of the Kane legacy :frustrated:

Well, for sure that's not Kane's work lol

I figured as much...I'm just wondering why they credit Kane with the cover...I thought that he perhaps did the preliminarys for it or something???... :frustrated:

Space Action #2

spaceaction2.jpg

Silicon monsters -- WOO HOO!

Do they do any good Si tricks in the story?

Looks like a tough book to find -- rats!

Jack

The stories are pretty wild with Furry space monsters and space giants all over the place... :cloud9:

Thanks to Swapto!!

39fc.jpg

Ken

Bob Kane?????????

HAW!

I admit that Kane art (if he did any of it himself) had crude charm and lots of energy, which is almost as important as fine draftsmanship on a comic book cover. Surely even a Kane zombie like yourself has to concede that Kane drew NOTHING like the detailed rendering on that cover.

Jack

admit it, and I'll stop calling you Shirley

Thanks to Swapto!!

39fc.jpg

Ken

Bob Kane?????????

well, I hope swapto and ronny don't mind, but I just cracked it, and there is a kane story inside, but the cover is clearly not kane...oh, and my son spilt a little peanut butter on it and slight jelly, but it is not "too" bad...sorry

Thanks to Swapto!!

39fc.jpg

Ken

Bob Kane?????????

HAW!

I admit that Kane art (if he did any of it himself) had crude charm and lots of energy, which is almost as important as fine draftsmanship on a comic book cover. Surely even a Kane zombie like yourself has to concede that Kane drew NOTHING like the detailed rendering on that cover.

Jack

admit it, and I'll stop calling you Shirley

Now that you have stopped sniffing amyl nitrate long enough to come back to your senses.....

Yes, the rendering of the Adventure is more detailed than what Kane typically drew. But the charm of Kane's work and the "raw" golden age feel that it imparts to me is the reason I am so drawn to it.

I feel the same way about early Joe Shuster Superman art.