• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,437 posts in this topic

I love this cover. So bizarre. This one has to be on some top 10 atom age lists....

pictureparade1.jpg

:takeit: Very nice! :applause:

That is cool (thumbs u I guess the moral of the story is if you see a mushroom cloud you should say goodbye to your dog...

You of all people should recognize the significance of this cover, 143ksk. Take another look at your avatar, then the cover. It's the Secret Origin of Archie! While on a camping trip to the desert Southwest, young Archie realizes that his dog, Barfo (RIP) has wandered onto a secret government installation where the Delta Bomb is being tested. As the countdown proceeds, young Archie spots Barfo and attempts to shield him from the blast. The Delta Bomb explosion fuses Archie's and Barfo's personalities, resulting in a mutant Archie with pheromones that mysteriously compel all females to find him as irresistably cute as a puppy. That's why hot babes like Veronica and Betty are always fawning over an ugly dog like Archie, no matter how much of a lout he is.

Jack

Funny....yet................somewhat disturbing....

Andy, I've got to agree with you...it's a grail of some oddball collectors. Your's doesn't have the teachers wrap, but does have great colors.

Actually, it does have the wrap. It was folded back when I got it, so I was able to take a scan of the interior front without causing damage to the exterior cover.

pp1.jpg

Collin, I take it yours has the teachers' wrap?

yes it does, but the scans are larger than 200 so I can't board host them....less common by far with the teachers wrap, but not a common book anyway. (thumbs u

I love this cover. So bizarre. This one has to be on some top 10 atom age lists....

pictureparade1.jpg

:takeit: Very nice! :applause:

That is cool (thumbs u I guess the moral of the story is if you see a mushroom cloud you should say goodbye to your dog...

You of all people should recognize the significance of this cover, 143ksk. Take another look at your avatar, then the cover. It's the Secret Origin of Archie! While on a camping trip to the desert Southwest, young Archie realizes that his dog, Barfo (RIP) has wandered onto a secret government installation where the Delta Bomb is being tested. As the countdown proceeds, young Archie spots Barfo and attempts to shield him from the blast. The Delta Bomb explosion fuses Archie's and Barfo's personalities, resulting in a mutant Archie with pheromones that mysteriously compel all females to find him as irresistably cute as a puppy. That's why hot babes like Veronica and Betty are always fawning over an ugly dog like Archie, no matter how much of a lout he is.

Jack

Andy, I've got to agree with you...it's a grail of some oddball collectors. Your's doesn't have the teachers wrap, but does have great colors.

Actually, it does have the wrap. It was folded back when I got it, so I was able to take a scan of the interior front without causing damage to the exterior cover.

pp1.jpg

very sweet....mine too.

Very nice looking copy for a large feature! :applause:

Large Feature Comic #7 (Whitman 715)

Extremely nice copy for an old 1939 volume and hard to come by with pages like these.

Wow! That's in great shape! I always see LFs beat up.

Thanks for the back cover (or should I write revoc kcab?) and creepy page.

"Uranium is heavier than iron." No wonder people don't understand the difference between weight or mass and density. They're taught wrong from the beginning. (Pet peeve.)

Jack

53679-Pictureparadeinnerbackcover.JPG

"Uranium is heavier than iron." No wonder people don't understand the difference between weight or mass and density. They're taught wrong from the beginning. (Pet peeve.)

Welll...it is heavier on the charts... (shrug)

Name: Iron

Symbol: Fe

Atomic Number: 26

Atomic Mass: 55.845 amu

Melting Point: 1535.0 °C (1808.15 K, 2795.0 °F)

Boiling Point: 2750.0 °C (3023.15 K, 4982.0 °F)

Number of Protons/Electrons: 26

Number of Neutrons: 30

Classification: Transition Metal

Crystal Structure: Cubic

Density @ 293 K: 7.86 g/cm3

Color: Silvery

Name: Uranium

Symbol: U

Atomic Number: 92

Atomic Mass: 238.0289 amu

Melting Point: 1132.0 °C (1405.15 K, 2069.6 °F)

Boiling Point: 3818.0 °C (4091.15 K, 6904.4 °F)

Number of Protons/Electrons: 92

Number of Neutrons: 146

Classification: Rare Earth

Crystal Structure: Orthorhombic

Density @ 293 K: 18.95 g/cm3

Color: silverish

Jack

lol

Don't make me resort to smileyfaces!!

:makepoint:

Which is heavier? A ton of iron or a ton of uranium?

U is DENSER, not heavier, than Fe.

Heavy => weight (or mass)

Density => mass/volume

JPS

Name: Iron

Symbol: Fe

Atomic Number: 26

Atomic Mass: 55.845 amu

Melting Point: 1535.0 °C (1808.15 K, 2795.0 °F)

Boiling Point: 2750.0 °C (3023.15 K, 4982.0 °F)

Number of Protons/Electrons: 26

Number of Neutrons: 30

Classification: Transition Metal

Crystal Structure: Cubic

Density @ 293 K: 7.86 g/cm3

Color: Silvery

Name: Uranium

Symbol: U

Atomic Number: 92

Atomic Mass: 238.0289 amu

Melting Point: 1132.0 °C (1405.15 K, 2069.6 °F)

Boiling Point: 3818.0 °C (4091.15 K, 6904.4 °F)

Number of Protons/Electrons: 92

Number of Neutrons: 146

Classification: Rare Earth

Crystal Structure: Orthorhombic

Density @ 293 K: 18.95 g/cm3

Color: silverish

Normally, I'd run like hell from an extensively restored book, but I couldn't pass this one up...

cap27big.jpg

Even with the restoration, it's still a beautiful copy of one of my favorite Cap covers. Outstanding eye appeal on that one.

Ken

Don't make me resort to smileyfaces!!

:makepoint:

Which is heavier? A ton of iron or a ton of uranium?

Which is heavier? A cubic centimeter of iron or a cubic centimeter of uranium? :insane: