• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

So who ended up buying that Headline 8 that was recently up on ebay....in mid grade....last I looked it was over $600...Andy, your copy is so much nicer....but still a great book.

:gossip: Auction isn't over yet.

These 3 books on their way back from CGC. I'm so thrilled :banana: to have finally found nice copies of them...

Really nice triple play there, Dino.

Geez, you manage to get your hands on some really terrific stuff... :cloud9::applause:

yeah, you wouldn't be in touch with that feeling, huh?

:whistle:

lol

So who ended up buying that Headline 8 that was recently up on ebay....in mid grade....last I looked it was over $600...Andy, your copy is so much nicer....but still a great book.

:gossip: Auction isn't over yet.

Two days left. It's at $660.

These 3 books on their way back from CGC. I'm so thrilled :banana: to have finally found nice copies of them, I can't resist sharing them right away:

Iconic Hitler!

2396525238_213cd2a9f3_o.jpg

Disney Flag!

2396527708_a1a5b33935_o.jpg

Cool Horror!

2395692335_5bb4d894a8_o.jpg

Three awesome books!

Guess I'll have to decide how much to spend....lol....1K-2K....was hoping it'd fly under the radar, but we all know that's just wishful thinking.

Yep, might as well take it off my watch list.

Guess I'll have to decide how much to spend....lol....1K-2K....was hoping it'd fly under the radar, but we all know that's just wishful thinking.

You guys really think 1-2k? We will see I guess.

Couldn't afford my own copy if it came up for auction. doh!

headline8.jpg

It's already past where I'd want to pay for that copy....someone wants it more than me. I'm betting it's already near it's peak at $660 in the grade it's in and it might push to $800....but I am curious. Andy, even with the spine split, your copy is much fresher.

headline8.jpg

Beautiful copy!

As for the auction - if I hadn't decided to sell my GA classic covers - I would seriously be thinking of throwing down a bid on that Headline #8 - It was the last of my "Gerber Grails" - but it's a return to concentrating on Atom Age stuff for me.

headline8.jpg

Beautiful copy!

As for the auction - if I hadn't decided to sell my GA classic covers - I would seriously be thinking of throwing down a bid on that Headline #8 - It was the last of my "Gerber Grails" - but it's a return to concentrating on Atom Age stuff for me.

I really like that copy!

headline8.jpg

there have been only a few occasions of a book being posted on these boards that i was totally oblivious to until the posting, and soon thereafter spontaneously combusted over. this book of andy's was one, a gorgeous blue bolt 105 was another, and jon's wonder 2 was yet another. just a beautiful book andy.

headline8.jpg

there have been only a few occasions of a book being posted on these boards that i was totally oblivious to until the posting, and soon thereafter spontaneously combusted over. this book of andy's was one, a gorgeous blue bolt 105 was another, and jon's wonder 2 was yet another. just a beautiful book andy.

and don't forget my copy of Funny Stuff 16 :makepoint:

headline8.jpg

Hey! I think that was my Blue Bolt as well. 2 for 3! ^^

bluebolt105.jpg

I tell you, October, its that magic scanner!! Steve has his glossinator, and you have the Magic Scanner! It makes all books look like a million!!

It helps that they are nice copies to begin with! ;)

But there's something about the quality of those scans that is just outstanding. The clarity is amazing, considering how low the resolution has to be to post here.

Those are both beautiful books, man!!!