• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
48 48

48,565 posts in this topic

Have a Cigar or Short Bus books? More from skypinkblu's massive inventory!

Last two for today.

Police Comics 6 from Jan-42. Looks pretty nice, doesn't it? Unfortunately someone neatly trimmed out the Plastic Man story, taking the last page of Chic Carter with it. I think that Sharon made paper dolls out of them.

58053-Police6s.jpg

Police Comics 8 from Mar-42. Again missing Plastic Man, along with the last page of Manhunter and first page of Mouthpiece. A little rougher than #6, but a great way to read some of the secondary features that will never see the light of reprints.

58054-Police8s.jpg

Jack

Great books! I love those early Plastic Man stories. :applause:

Yeah, rub it in, why don't ya? :baiting:

Both books are missing the Plastic Man stories -- but those have already been reprinted in Plastic Man Archives vol 1. I really should buy that volume. (Wouldn't it be funny if these are the books that were sacrificed to prepare the Archives? Does anyone know whether Greg Theakston bleached actual pages for PM Archive 1?)

On the other hand, how long before we see The Flame or Mouthpiece Archive Editions? Don't hold your breath.

Jack

Have a Cigar or Short Bus books? More from skypinkblu's massive inventory!

Big 3 #4, Jul-41 from Fox. This is my first look at Samson and The Flame. Even a Kooba Cola ad inside the front cover!

Looks better than its technical grade because of a missing centerfold.

Jack

58052-Big3.jpg

And I'll give this one a (thumbs u as well. These Fox'ers got pretty junky in 1941 and early '42, but I still can't get enough of them.

What are the backup stories? Anything fun?

I can see why! :applause:

thanks; i've been looking for the 4 since adamstrange posted his scan a few months ago, then bedrock explained that if i got the 4 i JUST HAD to get the 3 as well. both came in the same nite it turned out.

thanks; i've been looking for the 4 since adamstrange posted his scan a few months ago, then bedrock explained that if i got the 4 i JUST HAD to get the 3 as well. both came in the same nite it turned out.

Where's my commission! :frustrated:

Congratulations, Billy. Fabulous covers and usually very enjoyable Ayers interiors.

Edited by adamstrange

Where's my commission! :frustrated:

Congratulations, Billy. Fabulous covers and usually very enjoyable Ayers interiors.

Thanks for giving the competition buying ideas! :mad:

Big 3 #4, Jul-41 from Fox. This is my first look at Samson and The Flame. Even a Kooba Cola ad inside the front cover!

Looks better than its technical grade because of a missing centerfold.

Jack

58052-Big3.jpg

And I'll give this one a (thumbs u as well. These Fox'ers got pretty junky in 1941 and early '42, but I still can't get enough of them.

What are the backup stories? Anything fun?

It's all the Big 3.

When you have headliners like Samson and the Flame, who needs backups?

Jack

It's all the Big 3.

When you have headliners like Samson and the Flame, who needs backups?

Love the #4 Jack!

Here's my only Big 3...it's #3, the flag cover (of course) (thumbs u ... I wonder if the Flame ever caught Samson's loin cloth on fire! lol

2124213488_8f910c9590_b.jpg

GE

thrilled to death with a couple heritage wins tonite.

grider3.jpg

grider4.jpg

Two amazing covers , Billy. Is the #3 Frazetta too?

it is indeed, sir. i may like it better than the grave cover, and i didn't even know about it 'til ricky put me on it.