• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,450 posts in this topic

What's the story behind the "W W" books?

this was my little "recap" last year when we started selling the W W books (from the selling forumn)

Quality Comix (with a little help from Detective27kid) are proud to offer a never before seen, original owner Golden Age collection that features books from 1942-1955.

This collection contains some Timely/Altas Subby, Human Torch and MMC, Nedor Thrilling and Startling, large groups of Military, Modern and Wings comics, some nice Pre code Horror and some misc DC, EC and other publishers..

This will be the first of the offerings, with the balance to follow...

A little background on this Original Owner collection...his name was Earnest, and he was from France and learned to read from comics....the lovely 71 year old lady (yes, it really was a "little old lady") that sold them to us, inherited them when Earnest recently passed...

virtually all comics have 2 "w" penciled on the front cover, and the date of the comic written on each...so, we have dubbed it the "ww" collection...

Earnest lived/grew up in San Fran, where all the copies were purchased by him (some pq like the rileys, really white...others not so good...all the books were well read)...they moved to GA a few years back, and when he passed, Wattie (the lovely lady whom lives 5 minutes from me) got the comics because she and Earnest used to both read them as a child (or something along those lines)...

280 or so books from 1942 to 1955...Wattie's daughter's (Rebecca) husband (Clay) did a wonderful job organizing, researching, and contacting perspective buyers in the area...just so happened that Brent from quality and I were really the only 2 interested in taking time to view them (isn't that so funny)..... they asked us to make an offer, we did, and they were happy and we have 2 wonderful boxes of comics that Brent (mainly) and I will be offering for sale in the coming weeks.

I love my lone WW book.

Are there more coming to the forum at some point?

I believe they have pretty much all sold at this point

I have a bunch of them for sale on my ebay site. Some EC's and Wings, if anyone is interested. I know, I know wrong forum, but at least you know.

Paul

that's right, paulie bought a little chunk of them earlier this year!

What's the story behind the "W W" books?

this was my little "recap" last year when we started selling the W W books (from the selling forumn)

Quality Comix (with a little help from Detective27kid) are proud to offer a never before seen, original owner Golden Age collection that features books from 1942-1955.

This collection contains some Timely/Altas Subby, Human Torch and MMC, Nedor Thrilling and Startling, large groups of Military, Modern and Wings comics, some nice Pre code Horror and some misc DC, EC and other publishers..

This will be the first of the offerings, with the balance to follow...

A little background on this Original Owner collection...his name was Earnest, and he was from France and learned to read from comics....the lovely 71 year old lady (yes, it really was a "little old lady") that sold them to us, inherited them when Earnest recently passed...

virtually all comics have 2 "w" penciled on the front cover, and the date of the comic written on each...so, we have dubbed it the "ww" collection...

Earnest lived/grew up in San Fran, where all the copies were purchased by him (some pq like the rileys, really white...others not so good...all the books were well read)...they moved to GA a few years back, and when he passed, Wattie (the lovely lady whom lives 5 minutes from me) got the comics because she and Earnest used to both read them as a child (or something along those lines)...

280 or so books from 1942 to 1955...Wattie's daughter's (Rebecca) husband (Clay) did a wonderful job organizing, researching, and contacting perspective buyers in the area...just so happened that Brent from quality and I were really the only 2 interested in taking time to view them (isn't that so funny)..... they asked us to make an offer, we did, and they were happy and we have 2 wonderful boxes of comics that Brent (mainly) and I will be offering for sale in the coming weeks.

I was fortunate enough to pick up the Thrilling # 67 last night.....always nice to obtain an OO book. (thumbs u

GiggleComics.jpg

Do you think Alice Cooper read this when he was young Vincent Furnier?

Edited by MrBedrock

I have a soft spot for these type of funny animals.

Here's an uncommon one!

Real Screen Comics 2 Sum-45

Very early Fox and Crow, Flippity and Flop, etc.

Very cool funny animal book. Too bad about the structural problems. If this were a money book, it would probably benefit from restoration.

58099-RealScreen2.jpg

Jack

It's all the Big 3.

When you have headliners like Samson and the Flame, who needs backups?

Love the #4 Jack!

Here's my only Big 3...it's #3, the flag cover (of course) (thumbs u ... I wonder if the Flame ever caught Samson's loin cloth on fire! lol

2124213488_8f910c9590_b.jpg

GE

damn that's a great looking 2.0.

I have a soft spot for these type of funny animals.

Here's an uncommon one!

Real Screen Comics 2 Sum-45

Very early Fox and Crow, Flippity and Flop, etc.

Very cool funny animal book. Too bad about the structural problems. If this were a money book, it would probably benefit from restoration.

58099-RealScreen2.jpg

Jack

Fox and Crow rule!