• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,426 posts in this topic

:o

Your bargain hunting skills are (worship)

Thanks. Plucked this one out of the same box about 5 books later. Is it wrong to have only paid $30 for it? :eek: Have to love Frazetta Ghost Riders...

th17.jpg

And a cover with Fraz drawn into the action to boot, too cool! :applause:

Bought this a couple of weeks ago from 143ksk,picked it up today in Chicago. :acclaim:

ab11.jpg

Love that cover. I've been eyeing Metro's copy for month's now, but I just can't justify paying their asking price.

I have RedFury to thank for this issue. When I saw it at Phila-Wizard, I just had to have it. I was a pole vaulter from 7th grade to sophomore year of college. I was jumping over 12 feet during high school, but unfortunately (after many breaks and injuries during HS) seriously injured myself and had my "career" cut short during college (including a fractured spine and crushed heels that put me on crutches for weeks). If I didn't think I would kill myself by taking even a single jump, I would still be vaulting today. The "high" that came with this sport was unbelievable. :cloud9:

Polevault.jpg

I was able to find one book high on my want list at Chicago. Kudos to Bruno for telling me at which booth to find one :applause: That booth turned out to be Boyd's (bcc). Nothing better than to spend $$$ with board members. Thanks Boyd (thumbs u

61001-Sensation108s.jpg.a556c83464c785705ed863dd914890ea.jpg

Anyone else have this 1938 book? I picked it up at Phila-Wizard from Terry's Comics (one of my favorite dealers).

Nickel1938.jpg

I sure don't have it -- and it's an honorary element cover book!

How big is it? Looks quite small, from the size of the staples.

Jack

I was able to find one book high on my want list at Chicago. Kudos to Bruno for telling me at which booth to find one :applause: That booth turned out to be Boyd's (bcc). Nothing better than to spend $$$ with board members. Thanks Boyd (thumbs u

That's got to be one of your toughest "month books".

Nice copy! Are you sure it wasn't $$$$?

Jack

Anyone else have this 1938 book? I picked it up at Phila-Wizard from Terry's Comics (one of my favorite dealers).

Nickel1938.jpg

I sure don't have it -- and it's an honorary element cover book!

How big is it? Looks quite small, from the size of the staples.

Jack

7 1/2" x 5 1/2"

While bored and digging though some half price silver/bronze boxes at the con, I found this jammed between a bunch of mid-grade Marvel Two-In-Ones. The last 6.5/7.0 went for $500+ on Heritage, so paying $60 for this copy left me feeling almost dirty! Glad Parker outbid me on the last one!

ghostrider3.jpg

Getting that for $60 shouldn't make you feel dirty. You should be rolling around in the mud squeeling in delight. Nice book!

Ken

I have RedFury to thank for this issue. When I saw it at Phila-Wizard, I just had to have it. I was a pole vaulter from 7th grade to sophomore year of college. I was jumping over 12 feet during high school, but unfortunately (after many breaks and injuries during HS) seriously injured myself and had my "career" cut short during college (including a fractured spine and crushed heels that put me on crutches for weeks). If I didn't think I would kill myself by taking even a single jump, I would still be vaulting today. The "high" that came with this sport was unbelievable. :cloud9:

Polevault.jpg

You're welcome! (thumbs u

This was no bargain price, but I feel lucky to have it. Another Raboy masterpiece.

Ken

cmj7.jpg

Masterpiece is right!!! (worship)

While bored and digging though some half price silver/bronze boxes at the con, I found this jammed between a bunch of mid-grade Marvel Two-In-Ones. The last 6.5/7.0 went for $500+ on Heritage, so paying $60 for this copy left me feeling almost dirty! Glad Parker outbid me on the last one!

ghostrider3.jpg

That was $60.00 bucks well spent.

Finally finished up a nice trade tonight, and ended up with this! Unrestored!

detective15-1.jpg

Holey Moley! That's a beaut, Andy. (thumbs u