• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,436 posts in this topic

Picked up in San Diego.

Ken

master38.jpg

from hughes?

Hughes had the Church copy.

that cpt marvel jr. sure had long arse arms. Proportions don't seem right.....Heath should have done that cover.

Some people have long appropriately sized arms. :baiting:

Picked up in San Diego.

Ken

master38.jpg

Ken, the little "n" or "m," whichever the case may be, might squelch the possibility, but that "J" is just like the one on lots of Big Apple copies. you might have you a ped there.

A big order came in today. Some great stuff along some very cheap "modern trash". These two jumped out at me on the first glance through.

Crime Does Not Pay 67 and 107 in respectable VG-range condition.

crimedoesnotpay67.jpg

crimedoesnotpay107.jpg

Crime Does Not Pay 81 is in the nicest condition of that title, looking better than fine. The scan accentuates the stain at upper right.

crimedoesnotpay81.jpg

Five more from this series, plus some other goodies. Even Fantastic Four 28! I'll post more later if anyone wants to see them.

Jack

I'll post more later if anyone wants to see them.

Jack

I vote "post"! (thumbs u

Jack

I vote "post"! (thumbs u

I vote for "paste", elmers is preferable (thumbs u

Watch it, bub, or I'll paste ya like a Biro cover!!

Thanks for egging me on, even if it was just to keep me from pouting.

Here are the rest of the Crime Does Not Pay books: 66, 70, 78, 85, 115. Those Biro covers crack me up. AIEEEE!!

Do you think some are in a bit lower condition? I can't complain -- the one with the scribbles closed at $0.01!

Jack

crimedoesnotpay66.jpg

crimedoesnotpay70.jpg

crimedoesnotpay78.jpg

crimedoesnotpay85.jpg

crimedoesnotpay115.jpg

Jack

I vote "post"! (thumbs u

Here are the rest of the Crime Does Not Pay books: 66, 70, 78, 85, 115. Those Biro covers crack me up. AIEEEE!!

Do you think some are in a bit lower condition? I can't complain -- the one with the scribbles closed at $0.01!

Jack

crimedoesnotpay66.jpg

crimedoesnotpay70.jpg

crimedoesnotpay78.jpg

crimedoesnotpay85.jpg

crimedoesnotpay115.jpg

All very cool books Jack. Such a fun title, in a macabre sort of way. :)

Jack

I vote "post"! (thumbs u

All very cool books Jack. Such a fun title, in a macabre sort of way. :)

Thanks -- I like 'em too! Looking forward to reading the stories to see if they can keep up with the covers.

Jack

A big order came in today. Some great stuff along some very cheap "modern trash". ...

I liked the looks of this Geronimo, Indian Fighter 1, 1950 from Avon, so much that I broke down and paid reasonable money for it. Probably shocked the seller!

geronimo1x.jpg

Great 1954 DC colors on this Gangbusters 39. I'm having trouble making the purple border show up right on my (usually too dark) monitor.

gangbusters39x.jpg

Cold War antics with Commander Battle and the Atomic Sub 3, 1954 ACG. Pretty much BTH, but I still had to pay a decent price to find out why that H-bomb is coming from the moon.

commbattle3x.jpg

I'll put a few more in appropriate threads. Remarkably, I might not have to board the Short Bus this time!

Jack

A big order came in today. Some great stuff along some very cheap "modern trash". ...

I liked the looks of this Geronimo, Indian Fighter 1, 1950 from Avon, so much that I broke down and paid reasonable money for it. Probably shocked the seller!

geronimo1x.jpg

I'll put a few more in appropriate threads. Remarkably, I might not have to board the Short Bus this time!

Jack

Avons ROCK :headbang:

geronimo1x.jpg

The tongue on the horse cracks me up.

(The blue background is prettier than it looks in the scan.)

Thanks,

Jack

geronimo1x.jpg

The tongue on the horse cracks me up.

(The blue background is prettier than it looks in the scan.)

Thanks,

Jack

When the battery charges on my camera I am going to post an interior page from a pulp in the pulp thread later that I know you will appreciate.

When the battery charges on my camera I am going to post an interior page from a pulp in the pulp thread later that I know you will appreciate.

Go, charger, go!

But for god's sake, Bill, don't get me started collectng pulps!

Jack