• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,445 posts in this topic

Looks like some great reading and a great start to the GA collection. I really like those Detectives.

And if only Batman hadn't been able to save Robin from that ballon. How many lame Robin stories would we have been spared from?

Yea, but how many great Joker stories would we have lost out on. Joker treats Robin like he is Kenny from south park..

You DO know those are addictive, right? Welcome home (thumbs u

:gossip: I really like those All-Flash covers

Bought 2 all-flash from Ciorac, and I am hooked. Damn me for not buying the Jitter-Bug cover !!! :pullhair:

And this is all thanks to Rick ! (worship) His sales threads led me here, in turn getting bit by the GA bug ! I have been having more fun then ever collecting since !

(thumbs u

You should see the next batch :cloud9:

So being the new guy. I figured I would finally give in and post the beginning of my collection for GA. My books are all pretty low-grade, but I love them ! Just some cool stuff to check out. Nothing HG though.

ashcan003.jpg

A few more are on the way. I will post when I get them. Some are nicer, some arent. BUT ... Im having fun !

Wow, that really reminds me of early animé.

Speed Racer prototype!

GCD says Martin Naydel (Pencils and Inks)

Great pick-ups. I made a feeble run at ciorac's All-Flash Comics but was left in the dust.

Jack

So being the new guy. I figured I would finally give in and post the beginning of my collection for GA. My books are all pretty low-grade, but I love them ! Just some cool stuff to check out. Nothing HG though.

ashcan003.jpg

A few more are on the way. I will post when I get them. Some are nicer, some arent. BUT ... Im having fun !

Speed Racer prototype!

Great pick-ups. I made a feeble run at ciorac's All-Flash Comics but was left in the dust.

Jack

I tried to win a few on ebay. But didnt have any real money. If the timing was better would have picked up 2 or 3.

Next books are GL, and All-Stars. Including my Grail :cloud9:

Bought 2 all-flash from Ciorac, and I am hooked. Damn me for not buying the Jitter-Bug cover !!! :pullhair:

Bwa-ha-ha!!

AllFlash25.jpg

And it looks nicer in hand. :baiting:

But if I ever decide to sell, you have right of first refusal.

Bwa-ha-ha!!

AllFlash25.jpg

And it looks nicer in hand. :baiting:

But if I ever decide to sell, you have right of first refusal.

:devil: You in cahoots with the guy that bought the All-Star 36 I slacked on...

ashcan003.jpg

Speed Racer prototype!

Jack

What goes around, comes around. That duotone background reminds me of the kind of stuff that Seth does these days. Even the inking is similar in style.

BTW, I'm new to GA. I'm just dipping my toe in the water so far, but I like it so far! Bought my second (ever) GA book yesterday: a low-grade "Down With Crime" #4. Can't wait to get it in hand!

Here's a couple more Real Life Comics. I picked these up for about the cost of the grading fees. Seemed like a good deal to me.

:banana:

RealLife20.jpg

RealLife17.jpg

I do have one of these to contribute

reallife1.jpg

Im still new with the GA, but more fun in my opinion then silver/bronze/copper/ or modern. Just something great about these books.

You are off to a great start :applause:

The Flash were my first purchase, from you ! I was very pleased when I received the books and would hands down buy from you again !

But yea so much excitement for me collecting GA. And I generally buy such low grade, its hard to be dissappointed :insane:

Im still new with the GA, but more fun in my opinion then silver/bronze/copper/ or modern. Just something great about these books.

The Flash were my first purchase, from you ! I was very pleased when I received the books and would hands down buy from you again !

But yea so much excitement for me collecting GA. And I generally buy such low grade, its hard to be dissappointed :insane:

:acclaim::cloud9:

(Bitumen of Judea -- I had to look it up -- is a powdery tar that can be made into a varnish that crosslinks and hardens on exposure to sunlight.)

Jack

Hey Captain Science, what happens when you mix Hydriodic Acid with Bitumen of Judea then? Hard Meth? -

62501.jpg.34e7765a6515e013da7e85e3471d3b98.jpg

Nice start to your collection of GA. I'm trying to get started myself and the low to mid-grade is the place to be! (thumbs u

Nice start to your collection of GA. I'm trying to get started myself and the low to mid-grade is the place to be! (thumbs u

For us budget-minded collectors it is the only place to be :grin:

For us budget-minded collectors it is the only place to be :grin:

:applause: