• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,437 posts in this topic

Originally Posted By: Sardo Numspar
IMG_0026.jpg

Big Apple copy of WWIIII:

IMG_0028.jpg

both great, but I especially love the Batman!
That's cuz you haven't read the story in WWIII! The two page splash of atom bomb blasts is killer!

Originally Posted By: Detective27Kid
IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

That's cuz you haven't read the story in WWIII! The two page splash of atom bomb blasts is killer!

SN, take a shot of the 2 page splash for us... I feel so empty lol Edited by Detective27Kid

Originally Posted By: Detective27Kid
IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

SN, take a shot of the 2 page splash for us... I feel so empty lol
Yeah, the WW3 srory is cool. So unrealistic though - a story about Russians acting aggessively toward their neighboring countries? How nutty.

Cosmic Aeroplane copy (National 5)

Maybe you can figure out what is up with the skull on the right side. (shrug)

It's a lampshade on the desk, and the baddy is reaching around it to ax our hero (look carefully in the eye sockets and you'll see the faint traces of two light bulbs).

Originally Posted By: october
Cosmic Aeroplane copy (National 5)

Originally Posted By: MrBedrock
Maybe you can figure out what is up with the skull on the right side. \(shrug\)

It's a lampshade on the desk, and the baddy is reaching around it to ax our hero (look carefully in the eye sockets and you'll see the faint traces of two light bulbs).

Can't really see detail in the eyes from the scan but I'm sure it shows better on your copy. IIt's certainly a better explanation than I can come up with but it's still a pretty weird staging of the scene.

I posted this in the original art forum, but I thought it fit here as well. I recently won this great Golden Age cover and interior pages on Ebay. It is from the 1952 Harvey political comic "Strong for the People"

It tells the story of Dave Strong, a socially aware and patriotic young man from the midwest who gets elected to serve as a representative in congress in Washington D.C., where he learns about the legislative process and sponsors a bill which gets passed into law. The last page has an appearance by Uncle Sam. Each interior page came with a hand painted color guide with editorial notes.

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

Ultra cool, Josh - you're a freakin' machine!

An ATM! :kidaround:

It's nice to see the various items and notes that you got -- I love seeing the details behind the comics that were printed.

I posted this in the original art forum, but I thought it fit here as well. I recently won this great Golden Age cover and interior pages on Ebay. It is from the 1952 Harvey political comic "Strong for the People"

It tells the story of Dave Strong, a socially aware and patriotic young man from the midwest who gets elected to serve as a representative in congress in Washington D.C., where he learns about the legislative process and sponsors a bill which gets passed into law. The last page has an appearance by Uncle Sam. Each interior page came with a hand painted color guide with editorial notes.

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

The blonde guy with glasses looks a lot like Stan Lee when he appeared in Astonishing #4.

Originally Posted By: sacentaur
Ultra cool, Josh - you're a freakin' machine!

he is indeed...all of us former machines are happy to pass the torch to such a worthy individual!

Thanks for the kind words. :blush: I am an addict, and need some serious help. :insane:This Harvey pickup is one of the neatest things I have found for da coleccion. The cover and artwork is by Al Avison (who did most of the work for Harvey during the time as well as some Cap work for Timely a litttle bit earlier). If I could only find the missing pages I will complete my first full OA golden age book. However, I doubt the pages still exist or they would probably have been kept together with the 13 pages I just purchased. You never know though. (shrug) The odd thing is this book is not listed in OSPG or GCD. Does anyone know anything about this comic?