• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,450 posts in this topic

As I get each issue of Superboy, it is making runs withing the set. The last issue I picked up made this nice pre silver age set of ten . From a time period where the issues are less seen are harder to come by in decent shape.

th_sb32.jpgth_sb33.jpgth_sb34.jpgth_sb35.jpgth_sb36.jpg

th_sb37.jpgth_sb38.jpgth_sb39.jpgth_sb40.jpgth_sb41.jpg

As I get each issue of Superboy, it is making runs withing the set. The last issue I picked up made this nice pre silver age set of ten . From a time period where the issues are less seen are harder to come by in decent shape.

th_sb32.jpgth_sb33.jpgth_sb34.jpgth_sb35.jpgth_sb36.jpg

th_sb37.jpgth_sb38.jpgth_sb39.jpgth_sb40.jpgth_sb41.jpg

nice (thumbs u

Congratulations, Danny!

I know how hard it is to even come across some of those books, much less in the condition you've managed to find them in. I'm always impressed by what you've managed to find in your quest. :applause:

I posted this in the original art forum, but I thought it fit here as well. I recently won this great Golden Age cover and interior pages on Ebay. It is from the 1952 Harvey political comic "Strong for the People"

It tells the story of Dave Strong, a socially aware and patriotic young man from the midwest who gets elected to serve as a representative in congress in Washington D.C., where he learns about the legislative process and sponsors a bill which gets passed into law. The last page has an appearance by Uncle Sam. Each interior page came with a hand painted color guide with editorial notes.

Holy crud, that's a nice set. Where the heck did you find that?

Just picked this beauty up #209 with a Frazetta cover.

FAMOUSFUNNIES209.jpg

Wow! That's a beauty. Congrats! (thumbs u

FAMOUSFUNNIES209.jpg

nicely done Bob! now get you the other 7. you'll love that little run. but be careful, you'll then need you some ghost riders, thund'a 1, a str8 arrow or two, some buster crabbes..............

Originally Posted By: Bob-a-loo

FAMOUSFUNNIES209.jpg

nicely done Bob! now get you the other 7. you'll love that little run. but be careful, you'll then need you some ghost riders, thund'a 1, a str8 arrow or two, some buster crabbes..............

:makepoint: don't discourage!

Originally Posted By: Billy Parker

FAMOUSFUNNIES209.jpg

makepoint.gif don't discourage!
you're right; bob, DON'T be careful---jump in, the water's fine.

Originally Posted By: Detective27Kid

FAMOUSFUNNIES209.jpg

(thumbs u

Originally Posted By: Detective27Kid

FAMOUSFUNNIES209.jpg

\(thumbs u
He'll also need a Weird Science-Fantasy # 29 and a Beware # 10, but who's keeping track................ :whistle:

Yep. I started to look at all the books Frazetta did covers on. Daunting to say the least. I don't have the budget a lot of you guys have (worship) but with some luck I can snag a few. This catch was just beginners luck I think. Cool that it was the 1st in the run though.

One more thing, I'd appreciate any guesses at what CGC might grade it at. The cover's flat, no creases or crinkles, back cover has a small (1/2 inch) tan stain at the top edge (could be age) no major problems and no pulls, it feels like it hasn't been opened (at all or) in a long time.

Originally Posted By: FUELMAN
He'll also need a Weird Science-Fantasy # 29 and a Beware # 10, but who's keeping track................

me, and i forgot to type 'em in. thanks, sir.

and the other ECs, Tim Holt's, Bobby Benson, Tally Ho...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header"> Originally Posted By: FUELMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He'll also need a Weird Science-Fantasy # 29 and a Beware # 10, but who's keeping track................ </div></div><br /><br />me, and i forgot to type 'em in. thanks, sir.

and the other ECs, Tim Holt's, Bobby Benson, Tally Ho...

adam, i don't think he's the cover artist on the tally-ho; at least it ain't on my list. do i have to add another?