• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,425 posts in this topic

Just got these back from CGC (thanks for Desertwind Comics & Chandler for getting Al's sigs!) :cloud9:

Wow, no love for my Signature Series Al Feldstein signed Gaines File NM plus graded copies of 2 classic EC comics? :tonofbricks:

I LOVE Gaines file copies. But I guess I was still cringing thinking about the signatures.

Just got these back from CGC (thanks for Desertwind Comics & Chandler for getting Al's sigs!) :cloud9:

Wow, no love for my Signature Series Al Feldstein signed Gaines File NM plus graded copies of 2 classic EC comics? :tonofbricks:

I LOVE Gaines file copies. But I guess I was still cringing thinking about the signatures.

Ditto.

i guess i'm after a new run.

RAD493CC2008730_9460.jpg

Nice one Billy!

Underrated title IMO (thumbs u

thanks SW. c'link first batch ending tonite, and i won a trolley!

RAD542C72008722_172350.jpg

Not huge on AAF, but love Trolley books! :applause: And the grade is right in my wheelhouse.

i guess i'm after a new run.

RAD493CC2008730_9460.jpg

Nice one Billy!

Underrated title IMO (thumbs u

thanks SW. c'link first batch ending tonite, and i won a trolley!

RAD542C72008722_172350.jpg

Not huge on AAF, but love Trolley books! :applause: And the grade is right in my wheelhouse.

nice book...

Ditto.

I have mixed feelings about the Sig Series books. I have had some Golden Age books signed, but I always use only low to mid-grade copies, and I ask to have them sign it on the interior. For high grade books, I begin to question whether it's adding or subtracting to the appeal.

I have mixed feelings about the Sig Series books. I have had some Golden Age books signed, but I always use only low to mid-grade copies, and I ask to have them sign it on the interior. For high grade books, I begin to question whether it's adding or subtracting to the appeal.

I totally understand - I know that some people feel that high grade or pedigreed copies shouldn't be signed.

Personally though, I think it's amazing that I can get the cover of a classic issue that's over 50 years old signed by the original artist! And to have a Gaines File copy signed just adds to the appeal for me.

Cringing about the signature itself, or the thought of the artist possibly butchering the book when he signed it?

I myself don't care for signatures on the front cover. It detracts from the artwork that I want to look at. Still, theres not gonna be too many of those around (signed ones) especially if you were there when he signed it.....cuz now its personal. Its a memory. I guess you could get another unsigned one and have a matching set. Its a beautiful book though.

How about some more Plastic Man. I picked this up a couple months ago. Its smooth and flat and tight....but has one small tear near bottom left (bout 1/2 inch) just under Woozy's foot. I think its probably still at least a 7.5 or an 8.0

IMG_3242.jpg

I am supposed to be on a buying hiatus.....but I just couldn't pass on the opportunity to pick up a decent copy of this one.

:cloud9:

RAD69FB52008717_101831.jpg

nicely done, sir! please crack it out and fill us in on what was so mysterious about the indian's member.

Cringing about the signature itself, or the thought of the artist possibly butchering the book when he signed it?

Let me say that Al Feldstein is my favorite EC artist bar none. I adore Gaines file copies and yours are fantastic. I just freak out a bit about having a sig on a high grade provenance book. But, I am thrilled that you are happy with them.

one comic link win per nite is all the wife will allow me.

RAD499902008825_15923.jpg

Well now. That is pretty darn cool! Big Green Man!

Dinosaurs - Check

Caveman - Check

Side-kick Monkey Chee-Chee - Check

Sign me up for more (thumbs u

Joe Kubert - Check

(thumbs u

I recommend the whole run. Great stories and art with fun dinosaur facts tossed in to edumacate the young.