• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

Lordy mama, that's a funny cover.

Why punch a robot in the "jaw"? Does it hurt the robot? (Apparently it does make his side-panel pop out.) Why would a robot need a gun -- and a knife! Why do the robots knees make two different colors of sparks? So he can tell them apart? And why bother with the robot at all when it's clear that ol' Baldy controlling him is going to be dead meat after Black Terror Jr. beans him with his spiked club? (OW!)

Quintessential Golden Age. Fine purchase, Roger!

Jack

sc000b0e30.jpg

nice book...why are you done collecting?...school?...economics?...passion?...

I have the money for it, but not the heart. I guess I am just sick of it. I still really like buying books and reselling them, but truly collecting them has left me cold for awhile now.

I guess I just look at this stuff and ask "why do I own this?". Most of the time I can't think of an answer. (shrug)

Because you like it ? Usually does it for me.

That's the point. I am not sure I like it anymore...hence the "I am just sick of it" part of my post.

You would be missed around these parts... :(

Sounds like collector's burn out ... a common affliction.

Thanks Ryan.

Maybe "it" will come back...in the meantime I will still have fun buying and selling.

I have the money for it, but not the heart. I guess I am just sick of it. I still really like buying books and reselling them, but truly collecting them has left me cold for awhile now.

I guess I just look at this stuff and ask "why do I own this?". Most of the time I can't think of an answer. (shrug)

That's the point. I am not sure I like it anymore...hence the "I am just sick of it" part of my post.

Thanks Ryan.

Maybe "it" will come back...in the meantime I will still have fun buying and selling.

:cry:

don't anybody tell my wife how to inflict it on me.

..in the meantime I will still have fun buying and selling.

To me...this is sort of a sidebar to collecting...you buy nice books...you sell them...you buy more nice books...yada, yada, yada...

I thinks it's kinda fun as well... :applause:

Proud to post some new books...

Mask #1 (from Jef Hinds)

2919882255_ea93571f8b.jpg

World Famous Heroes #1 (thanks Rick!)

2892915359_f0dab5ece5.jpg

Roly Poly #14 "decap D-copy" (thumbs u from ComicConnect

2904796224_6c341015bd.jpg

USA #12

2892915187_d7504886a6.jpg

GE

Really nice books! Love 'em all! :headbang:

Thanks Ryan.

Good luck.

Jack

66778.jpg.2f68fc9c04cfac47ce3b1ed89366a0ce.jpg

Edited by selegue