• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,426 posts in this topic

How the OPG can not include this truly Scarce Classic as one of the top 10 Scifi comics has always baffled me....and not because I have a copy, either.

I love the book Steve. I've had chances to pick up a copy over the years, but it is just too pricey for me for what it is.

How the OPG can not include this truly Scarce Classic as one of the top 10 Scifi comics has always baffled me....and not because I have a copy, either.
I used to think this was scarce, but I have seen no less than 8 copies for sale in the past 6 months (including the larson and another pedigree, 5 unrestored, 3 restored), and 2 more are in the current heritage (or maybe clink, don't recall where,but I saw them)...it is UBER cool, but apparently not very scarce at all (shrug)

#3 is the scarcer issue, #1 & #2 can be found if you look. ;)

I think I have seen 2 #3 and 4 #2's in the same time period... including the larson 1 and 3....I like the book, just not as much as the price it commands

Got the grade back on this sweet beauty.

Top census at 9.0 offwhite to white. Next closest in census is 7.0.

FightComics3492-Oct1944.jpg

Sweet book. Nice to see that she's wearing such sensible shoes to her, um... "going away party"? How do you say "Sayonara" in uh, Japanese?

just bought this CC Beck signed beater off ebay for under $100.....supposedly complete. :insane:

You outbid me. :sumo: I know where you can get a beater copy of the issue by Kirby. I enjoyed looking at his work on Cap Marvel. Fun stuff.

bb

"one of the greatest of all covers."

I agree. #213 is pretty amazing as well. Unfortunately I didn't scan it before I packed it up to send to CGC.

213 is terrific.

just remembered i had my 214 separately scanned from the group shot.

ff214.jpg

those Frazetta FF are horrible...just horrible billy...I can't believe I have been so poor of a friend to let you be stuck with them... box them up, send them my way, and I will relieve you of the problems

those Frazetta FF are horrible...just horrible billy...I can't believe I have been so poor of a friend to let you be stuck with them... box them up, send them my way, and I will relieve you of the problems

it was you who basically got me the 214; i don't buy it unless you buy the mm 46 from me. and did i remember to thank you?