• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,426 posts in this topic

You and the gang of geeks will get the thumb them up in a month. :)

I building strength in my thumb as we speak.

now, admit it's the whole left hand you regularly work out, geek.

that one was a slam dunk... too bad I was on the bench when parker got a hold of it doh!

Ok, here is a wonderful little story. A couple of months back I began a conversation with a very nice lady who has spent a little time here on the boards. Mostly reading and enjoying our GA forum.

Turns out she also likes many of the same books that I do. Well, she bought comics from a local drugstore in her hometown up north back in the late 1940's and early 1950's, and she still had them!

Ms. Pat, was kind enough to ask if I might be interested in acquiring them. Most of you know me. so that is a given. I will spend my last dime, and next month's last dime for books I want.

Anyway, we discussed the books over the past two months and we were able to reach a deal for them. They came in two waves. The first set was around 15-16 books, the next set (that arrived yesterday) was 25 books.

Pat wrote her name on most of the books, so they will always bear the name of the young girl that loved them. She obviously read and enjoyed these books very much, and now I will have the chance to do the same.

She was also kind enough to include a letter of provenance with each set.

And now, without further ado, I present the Pat Collection!

Thanks again Pat for a wonderful collection of books, I hope you read this post and get a kick out of seeing your books displayed in my comic room, waiting to be read.

Bill

patgroupreduced.jpg

That is a great story, and such beautiful books too! Those WW and the Worlds Finest are awesome! ^^

Me too

Awesome Bill:) ! What a lovely story... and another Wonder Woman Collector:) I still have a bunch of doubles thanks to Gator;)

the doubles constitute a wwww mini-run.

I think some might be triples;)

One of these days, I'm going to take them all out, and put them down and take a group shot...the only problem is, I don't have a floor big enough, so I'll have to bring them to your house;)

24 hrs. heads-up is all i need.

Congrats, Bill. That's a nice little run of books. Love the Weird fantasy, Wonder Woman's and a House of Mystery #1 too...... ^^

. :applause:(worship)

Thanks Bob, Lauren and Sharon. Nothing better than a nice stack of GA diversity!

Ok, here is a wonderful little story. A couple of months back I began a conversation with a very nice lady who has spent a little time here on the boards. Mostly reading and enjoying our GA forum.

Turns out she also likes many of the same books that I do. Well, she bought comics from a local drugstore in her hometown up north back in the late 1940's and early 1950's, and she still had them!

Ms. Pat, was kind enough to ask if I might be interested in acquiring them. Most of you know me. so that is a given. I will spend my last dime, and next month's last dime for books I want.

Anyway, we discussed the books over the past two months and we were able to reach a deal for them. They came in two waves. The first set was around 15-16 books, the next set (that arrived yesterday) was 25 books.

Pat wrote her name on most of the books, so they will always bear the name of the young girl that loved them. She obviously read and enjoyed these books very much, and now I will have the chance to do the same.

She was also kind enough to include a letter of provenance with each set.

And now, without further ado, I present the Pat Collection!

Thanks again Pat for a wonderful collection of books, I hope you read this post and get a kick out of seeing your books displayed in my comic room, waiting to be read.

Bill

patgroupreduced.jpg

That is a great story, and such beautiful books too! Those WW and the Worlds Finest are awesome! ^^

Way cool! What interesting taste in going after hard core sci fi as well as Wonder Woman. Would love to see some of those Sensations -- before and after WW.