• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,426 posts in this topic

dec1.jpg

What's up with the one-ups-womanship Sharon?

Just kidding! That is a cool batch of funnybooks there. (thumbs u

For you I'll make a choice...I always loved the Hits, both inside and out (they have the best covers)!

dec1.jpg

What's up with the one-ups-womanship Sharon?

Just kidding! That is a cool batch of funnybooks there. (thumbs u

For you I'll make a choice...I always loved the Hits, both inside and out (they have the best covers)!

lol...A, I didn't notice the timing, B, I didn't notice the timing;) and C, I think I could trade you all of these, plus my car for one of your's;)

and Happy New Year to my other friends named Richard (plus everyone else:)

Maybe the A-Man is an unidentified Ped?

That would be cool but there is no way to tell at this point. It has no identifying markings (or smell) that relate to any known pedigrees.

It is just really pretty and solid. And the cover is awfully cool too!

Both books are awesome Richard, but that Amazing Man is simply, well....AMAZING!

(worship)

Edited by ciorac

That would be cool but there is no way to tell at this point. It has no identifying markings (or smell) that relate to any known pedigrees.

but with your standing in the hobby, i figure you could just type in a phantom pedigree on the cgc form and they'd just go with it.

WOW, those are amazing:) (worship)

Here are a few more from my *other* friend named Richard...thank you, to Richard! (worship)

dec1.jpg

What a score!

They are all great. My favorites are the National and the Crack Comics.

:luhv:

I was so very excited for this comic, I love it so much!

3146062818_970528428d.jpg

I like the early Top Notch issues. They seem a little classier than the later MLJ which became almost slap stick.

Or at least they were imitating Simon and Kirby's Capt. America. And The Wizard has a nifty car.

bb

3103325518_827ac1c9fb_o.jpg

Above is Streak Chandler from Top Notch 6 and below is the Wizard splash from Top Notch 1.

Edd Ashe's art reminds me of Guardineer.

3147797351_de33fa4184_o.jpg

3147844051_413325b62a_o.jpg

This Bob Phantom splash reminds me of Matt Baker. Art by Bernard Klein according to the GCD

3148676352_cf7a949323_o.jpg

And Montana did terrific work on the St. Louis Kid. Mistakenly assigned to Streeter in the GCD.

Both splashes are scans from Top Notch 21 provided by GA.uk

I was so very excited for this comic, I love it so much!

3146062818_970528428d.jpg

I like the early Top Notch issues. They seem a little classier than the later MLJ which became almost slap stick.

Or at least they were imitating Simon and Kirby's Capt. America. And The Wizard has a nifty car.

bb

Above is Streak Chandler from Top Notch 6 and below is the Wizard splash from Top Notch 1.

3147797351_de33fa4184_o.jpg

I like them, too...I have most of them, but then again, I like some of the non mainstream titles a lot. Nice book there, Lauren:)

And Montana did terrific work on the St. Louis Kid. Mistakenly assigned to Streeter in the GCD.

Both splashes are scans from Top Notch 21 provided by GA.uk

PLEASE report errors like this to GCD with the "If you believe any of this data to be incorrect, please let us know." link at the bottom of each page. The form is easy to use.

I fixed this one.

Thanks,

Jack

Omigosh. Golden Age writers really liked radium, but they just made up stuff about it! Those are some bizarre properties!

Thanks for the scan.

Jack

(The Palace of the Gas Men. Hee hee)

but with your standing in the hobby, i figure you could just type in a phantom pedigree on the cgc form and they'd just go with it.

:o

Richard brought the book to show-n-tell at RHGs and it is really, really pretty but not of any identifiable pedigree. The only disappointing aspect is that it wasn't mine. :cry:

Richard brought the book to show-n-tell at RHGs and it is really, really pretty but not of any identifiable pedigree. The only disappointing aspect is that it wasn't mine. :cry:

It is not the Larson......

70842.jpg.33d6e32bfc3dd63d4965313350a07e23.jpg

70846.jpg.14e203f316a1d7780a17f16502b89ad1.jpg

hangman3.jpg

I guess now is a good time to show this off. I won a coverless copy to Hangman #3 off of Ebay about a month ago. Here is the first page :o

hang3.jpg

That alone is worth the price of admission! (thumbs u

hangman3.jpg

I guess now is a good time to show this off. I won a coverless copy to Hangman #3 off of Ebay about a month ago. Here is the first page :o

hang3.jpg

I forgot about that incredible splash. Wonderful work in there and definitely an upside to owning a coverless book. No reason to ever slab it.