• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,443 posts in this topic

Well, 2009 starts off with a bang. Just picked this one up an hour ago. Interesting side note to this copy, it's the one pictured in the Gerber guides.

wonderworld12.jpg

a beaut!!

i have always wanted one of these, but they ain't easy. thanks go to a boardie for this one. just realized it is the same month as s'case 4. well, it sure doesn't feel like a silver age book to me.

yellowclaw1.jpg

i have always wanted one of these, but they ain't easy. thanks go to a boardie for this one. just realized it is the same month as s'case 4. well, it sure doesn't feel like a silver age book to me.

yellowclaw1.jpg

Nice score geek! I'm glad you picked that one up. It's part of a cool little run.

yellowclaw1.jpg

Altho really Atlas 1950s (and not GA), what short series was better than this in this time period? Manelly at his best..before his untimely death..........Can you imagine where this guy would have wound up with the Marvel explosion just aroung the corner?!!!..

jon

71195.jpg.2f0553191c8c69be68665978b99c6408.jpg

71196.jpg.49c2cba2da2a9be42d895f4fe79eb3ef.jpg

71197.jpg.79128e346c08ee553b416586b7127e76.jpg

71198.jpg.9203582f774de2743ea3a3e64513dffe.jpg

yellowclaw1.jpg

Great book Billy! I have been a fan of this title since the early '80's, and only this year , like you, acquired the first issue. None of the issues are easy, especially in decent grade.

(the #3 issue JB posted has got to be the best cover out of the lot, and a Kirby interior to boot!)

Clearly this is the first SA Marvel - with a continuing character (often drawn by Kirby) that was integrated into the Marvel Universe back in the mid-60s. I'm sure it will soon be recognized as the mega-key it really is and will be selling for thousands even in low grade. Any day now. Yep.

I recently saw this cover and knew I had to have one. The right copy came my way just a couple weeks later! I just tore this blue label 3.5 out of it's case! :cloud9:

3161585072_21c055ea48_o.jpg

Wow -- great catch!

Wild cover -- maybe using those machine guns and cannons indoors isn't the best idea.

When you're done reading the story, can you tell us exactly where Torch is coming from?

Jack

Nice Bill! I love that oversize Tracy!!

Like you, I had a new book in today... first of '09! I upgraded my SUPERWORLD #1 and am extremely happy with this copy (good paper, good colors)... especially at HALF of guide!

So many have come up for sale/auction during the last year, I'm really glad I held out for a clean, cheap copy.

ThursdayOctober0220082-2.jpg

000_3177.jpg

000_3173.jpg

very nice archie, and shiverbones....gotta love that timely....

here's a cap I've had for a long time......was contemplating selling it, but think I've changed my mind after thumbing through it and seeing the centerfold etc.....

71261.jpg.ef544f179547c41cb44a58cee23110e5.jpg

71262.jpg.a53cbcbfa506bdb69828aff1b08f3a98.jpg