• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,450 posts in this topic

Got this today along with a few other GA books, but they all really pale in comparison...

3174673569_c6c529ba74.jpg

nice one lauren; early bats don't tend to 'pale' on these boards.

Especially a #2 in 5.0 Blue with White pages :luhv:

attagirl Lauren (worship)

here is a scan of it...I bought it raw, and sent to CGC, then had to sell it last year...glad a boardie ended up with it!

batman2cgc5.jpg

That is too cool! We got it today! It' such a great book! I hope you don't mind if I keep that scan for myself. :)

all yours!

Especially a #2 in 5.0 Blue with White pages :luhv:

attagirl Lauren (worship)

2 and my number 3 have been schmoozing since I introduced the two earlier today. :insane:

3174676093_0df11f30da.jpg

knowing the characters, little danger of them multiplying.

Hey--They could always adopt!

I know of a copy for sale. :shy:

2 of the three received...

5 more Superboys to go to finish the run! 1 more on the way :cloud9:

Had to settle for these copies cause I got beat out on Toronto copies of both of them over the Summer at almost $500 each...need a bigger wallet I guess lol

sb42.jpg

sb44.jpg

Had to settle for these copies cause I got beat out on Toronto copies of both of them over the Summer at almost $500 each...need a bigger wallet I guess lol

sb42.jpg

sb44.jpg

Go daddy GO!

sb42.jpg

sb44.jpg

way to go buddy; can't wait to see that group shot.

sb42.jpg

sb44.jpg

I have said it before but I will say it again, once you finish the run, PLEASE POST A GROUP SHOT :wishluck: :wishluck: :wishluck:

I have said it before but I will say it again, once you finish the run, PLEASE POST A GROUP SHOT :wishluck: :wishluck: :wishluck:

I have one more of the 5 left on the way. After that....it may be slow going on the last 4 issues. I am picky about a number 1 and the other three are just harder to find in mid or higher grade issues. So While I am down to 4 to go, it may be a little bit to complete.

I look forward to doing to group shot. The title actually ran to around 314 issues with the two title changes. Number 259 become "The Legion of Super-Heroes" and the later was title to "Tales of the Legion of Super-Heroes". I actually have all of those so it's gonna be one big group shot lol

sb42.jpg

sb44.jpg

it is great to have such focus and determination (thumbs u

I have one more of the 5 left on the way. After that....it may be slow going on the last 4 issues. I am picky about a number 1 and the other three are just harder to find in mid or higher grade issues. So While I am down to 4 to go, it may be a little bit to complete.

I look forward to doing to group shot. The title actually ran to around 314 issues with the two title changes. Number 259 become "The Legion of Super-Heroes" and the later was title to "Tales of the Legion of Super-Heroes". I actually have all of those so it's gonna be one big group shot lol

Nice Superboys Silver. (worship) Superboy #1 - has such a great cover, I would love to own one again someday, but that's a tough run to make. it'll be nice to see that group shot when it's ready to be taken.

sb42.jpg

sb44.jpg

it is great to have such focus and determination (thumbs u

Agreed!

Happy, happy day!!!! Thanks eternally to 143ksk for selling back to me this comic I had sold him a couple years ago. If I Knew how hard it would have been to replace when I let it go, I never would have done so.

Here is my long winded explanation about the cover I copied over from my flickr page, which is similar to what I wrote when I first sold the book...

"A historic cover that has flown under the radar for over 50 years. At first glance I thought this was just a fun cover with a bad pun involving severed hands, Reading it over a couple times, I noticed that "Merywin" is a "humorous" racially stereotyped attempt at "Marilyn" and then I put it together, and that is Marilyn Monroe & Joe DiMaggio on the cover of this comic! This came out only a few months after they were married. "

3180552482_341cf3ea2f_o.jpg

Thanks Steve!