• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

all great, but that WF 54 is impossibly difficult to locate, even in low grade!

that's interesting. do you know why?

a myriad of reasons... most all DC's from the early to mid 1950's are generally "scarce"...and, WF were kind of cheesy when the comic market was not so pro Superhero.... sales were down, so production was down, and you still had SOTI, etc...

but WF from 50's-60's are all generally very scarce...

ok, thanks for the info (thumbs u

condition wise, the cover stock was 'cheaper' as well, so finding high grade is exceedingly rare (and expensive)...

I have a complete run of WF from 50-80, and my average grade is vg, and I feel fortunate to have them in that grade!... your 54 is as nice as mine, and I have not seen another for sale in the 3 years it took me to build my run

I have a complete run of WF from 50-80, and my average grade is vg, and I feel fortunate to have them in that grade!... your 54 is as nice as mine, and I have not seen another for sale in the 3 years it took me to build my run

:o

it's true... goto any major site (Metro, Jim Payette, Heritage, Comiclink, Bedrock, Ebay, etc, etc) and I bet you can count on one hand the # of issues in the 50-60 range you find for sale in any condition (Thumbs u

a myriad of reasons... most all DC's from the early to mid 1950's are generally "scarce"...and, WF were kind of cheesy when the comic market was not so pro Superhero.... sales were down, so production was down, and you still had SOTI, etc...

condition wise, the cover stock was 'cheaper' as well, so finding high grade is exceedingly rare (and expensive)...

are you going to bring them to ponscon?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! are you? are you?

Barrington has 72 up til the end, so between the two of you, we could almost have a full run at pons con

if anyone really wants to see them... but, for someone reason, I just don't think you will appreciate that great 1950's DC craftmanship :baiting:

Barrington has 72 up til the end, so between the two of you, we could almost have a full run at pons con

I still have 100 up, complete...I sold most of my 80-99 though...

if anyone really wants to see them... but, for someone reason, I just don't think you will appreciate that great 1950's DC craftmanship :baiting:

Ignore Billie, she has probably drank too much diet coke by now

then I might just honor him with the run... I can bet he has never seen it lol

For my 10,000th post.... A personal grail! I just got this in today, I bought it sight unseen, and almost fell over when I saw how nice it was & that it is a white paged copy! Very hard to find Four Color #5 from 1942, the 1st Raggedy Ann & Andy comic! I have seen a couple of these over the last few years, but always 3 or 4 times over guide. This was at straight guide & I couldn't be happier!

3212849511_f1240d343e_o.jpg

Me like !! But somehow.....the "friendly dragon" doesn't look all that friendly. Nice book shivers

AirForces2tojo.jpg

I always liked this cover. Best copy graded so far.

Jack

Great book, one of my favorites. Too bad mine don't look like that. The one I have has a big piece missing from the top.

Agreed, super cool book. I bid on one with slightly brittle pages last year, but I wasnt willing to go too high for that page quality. This copy is amazing though!

hahahahaha ol' mr. d.c. himself comes to the rescue of the title with a crackback block. my man! i never feel like i get a good lick in unless pons rises to defend the d.c. honor. god, that's rich. but be ready to put your $ where your mouth is my brother; i'll be bringing a whole box of that drek to your house, and you can defend the publisher with your pocketbook.

AirForces2tojo.jpg

I always liked this cover. Best copy graded so far.

Jack

Congrats...exceptional copy of a rare book! :applause: Mine was top census doh! but glad for you! :angel:

2651493108_ddd09994bf_b.jpg

GE

holy ...I have never seen it, and yet every single board member other than me owns a copy :baiting:

yay!

vault.jpg

You got it!!!! Way to go geek!!! What a wonderful book. (Especially compared to those boxloads of Young Gaylies and Tough Shmeat Squad's that you have)

Now I gotta get me one of those (Vault 35's of course)

:)