• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,425 posts in this topic

I managed to get lucky on eBay recently and picked these two up. :grin:

mysterymen3.jpg

unclejoesfunnies1.jpg

:acclaim:

I am going to have to double post the Uncle Joe's Funnies in the Centaur thread.

Wow!!!!! two totally fantastic books Bob!!!!! (worship)

You got lucky there.....I can never seem to find gems like those two...Congrats... (thumbs u

One of my better ebay purchases...

sc0007bde3.jpg

A little catchin up to do.......this book is waaaay cool !! Very clean too !! Nice score Phish (thumbs u

Just picked this up from Harley Yee..... If this cover was drawn today, it would have to be the most racist cover I've ever seen.

FUNNYPAGES_V2_5.jpg

This book is awesome too !! I don't understand the racist thing though.....almost more political what with an elephant on the way out. At least its a monkey and not a donkey..... :grin:

Very cool book paratrooper. What I think is so wonderful about it is that its the year ACTION #1 came out.....so its almost like a comic cover praising that "event to be"....... (thumbs u

I just picked up my first raw book from fellow board member Primetime. We had a great time this morning at our local Barnes & Noble 'talkin comics and I added this Tec 37 to my collection. I love the cover of the Batman taking care of a couple thugs on the boat dock which matches nicely with my All American Comics #20. Thanks Ben! (thumbs u

detective37f.jpg

I would love to have a book from 1940 !!! Especially one THAT cool !!! Nice score dizzy (thumbs u

Hit Comics 8, just received yesterday from skypinkblue. Neon the Unknown cover. There's a tale to tell about this issue but I don't want to clutter this thread with it. Check over at BangZoom's Golden Age Collection thread for more.

HitComics8.jpg

Jack

Another fantastic reader from skypinkblu!

Sparky Watts 1, Jul-42 (from the date stamp on the cover) featuring a fantastic 38-page Sparky Watts vs the Nazis story by Boody Rogers that begs to be reprinted! Hitler & Mussolini cover, plus Skyman and The Face. Wow!

sparkywatts1x.jpg

Jack

Just picked this up from Harley Yee..... If this cover was drawn today, it would have to be the most racist cover I've ever seen.

FUNNYPAGES_V2_5.jpg

This book is awesome too !! I don't understand the racist thing though.....almost more political what with an elephant on the way out. At least its a monkey and not a donkey..... :grin:

(thumbs u

what about this one.....

73269.jpg.55928ab8abac817323aa39eabf1eeec0.jpg

FUNNYPAGES_V2_5.jpg

(thumbs u

what about this one.....

NOW he's got somethin' to talk about! :P

Another fantastic reader from skypinkblu!

Sparky Watts 1, Jul-42 (from the date stamp on the cover) featuring a fantastic 38-page Sparky Watts vs the Nazis story by Boody Rogers that begs to be reprinted! Hitler & Mussolini cover, plus Skyman and The Face. Wow!

sparkywatts1x.jpg

Jack

cool book! Is that real Boody art, or a fill in while he was in the military?