• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,425 posts in this topic

Ouch......!!! That guy is sportin quite a MELVIN

and here're the rest of 'em.

spaceman5.jpg

What a bizarre cover!

Exactly what force is it making the icicles droop "down"? The nearest gravity would, I suppose, make them point toward the Earth and Moon. Odd, and a surprisingly DC-like cover.

Is that a signature at lower left? GCD says "Joe Maneely?" w/ data from expert Mike Vassallo, but the signature doesn't look like Maneely to me.

Jack

i guess i'll get the run up over in the marketplace later tonite in light of this observation.

lol

spaceman5.jpg

What a bizarre cover!

Exactly what force is it making the icicles droop "down"? The nearest gravity would, I suppose, make them point toward the Earth and Moon. Odd, and a surprisingly DC-like cover.

Is that a signature at lower left? GCD says "Joe Maneely?" w/ data from expert Mike Vassallo, but the signature doesn't look like Maneely to me.

Jack

Does not look like Maneely art. The sig is typical of Mort Lawrence (capable of very good stuff) and that's who AtlasTales credits.

spaceman5.jpg

What a bizarre cover!

Jack

i guess i'll get the run up over in the marketplace later tonite in light of this observation.

Pennies on the dollar is my advice.

What time?

Jack

spaceman5.jpg

What a bizarre cover!

Jack

Does not look like Maneely art. The sig is typical of Mort Lawrence (capable of very good stuff) and that's who AtlasTales credits.

Thanks. Even though I'm the World's Worst Art Spotter, I didn't think it looked like Maneely, which is why I was trying to read the signature. Mort Lawrence matches the letters I can read. That must be an transcription error at GCD, since there's no way in the world that Doc V would misattribute a Maneely cover. Many Atlas Tales credits are his too.

Jack

Still no reason to cancel the sale, Billy. What time was that?

thanks to 4 of 'em from ricky, and this last from harley, i don't think i've ever got a run together this fast--i now understand the rush gator has continually. i'll get a group shot of them tonite, but here's the one that closed the deal. never realized just how cool this cover was.

dec3speedcarter6.jpg

Love this cover! BEM's... :headbang:

Day 2......... checked the mail for my eagerly awaited purchase........

nothin....... :(

But these Spaceman books are keepin me happy

me too and me too.

gotta be there tomorrow.

3257534666_109348755a_b.jpg

Came yesterday. Alex Raymond/Rip Kirby strip collection. Rip was the Chuck Norris of his day, as exhibited by his bizarre grappling technique with a surly kidnapper.

It seems to me that the colourist has managed to confuse Rip's arms with those of the kidnapper. Makes for a very strange hold.

me too and me too.

gotta be there tomorrow.

:wishluck:

Hope so, nothing worse than when she passes on a Saturday without a package. Cause it's a long time til Monday

3257534666_109348755a_b.jpg

Came yesterday. Alex Raymond/Rip Kirby strip collection. Rip was the Chuck Norris of his day, as exhibited by his bizarre grappling technique with a surly kidnapper.

It seems to me that the colourist has managed to confuse Rip's arms with those of the kidnapper. Makes for a very strange hold.

I was thinking the same thing...Rip has him in a full nelson but the color of Rip's coat sleeves matches the kidnappers suit not his lol

Just some GA books I've picked up over the past few weeks. Since school started back up, I've hardly had any time to oogle them. :(

Picture009.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Oh, and happy early Valentines Day!

Picture008.jpg

Your tastes are as varied as my own! :applause: Great stuff Lauren

me too and me too.

gotta be there tomorrow.

Another day, another disappointment..... :cry:

My only hope now is to luck into them having it at the Post Office tomorrow, otherwise it will be Monday at the soonest :(

Day 3......... checked the mail for my eagerly awaited purchase........

But thanks for showing that Looney Tunes Lauren.......that should hold me over till tommorrows mail comes. (thumbs u

Day 3......... checked the mail for my eagerly awaited purchase........

But thanks for showing that Looney Tunes Lauren.......that should hold me over till tommorrows mail comes. (thumbs u

Maybe you will get my book, and I will get yours? (shrug)