• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,425 posts in this topic

I picked up these beauties yesterday at the Philly Comic Con. For a small show, there sure are some great books in the room.

All-Star Comics #33

This is an upgrade from my other copy which is a G- 1.8 (but it is a Signature Series signed by both Kubert and Hasen!)

AllStarComics33_VG40.jpg

All-Star Comics #53

One more down in my quest for a complete run of All-Stars...

AllStarComics53_F65.jpg

Heroic Comics #3

After seeing Ciorac's and others copies of Heroic Comics, I just had to have one! (thumbs u

HeroicComics3_VG40.jpg

Supersnipe #6 (#1)

Another book that made my wantlist after seeing other copies posted here.

Supersnipe6_VG40.jpg

I picked up these beauties yesterday at the Philly Comic Con. For a small show, there sure are some great books in the room.

All-Star Comics #33

This is an upgrade from my other copy which is a G- 1.8 (but it is a Signature Series signed by both Kubert and Hasen!)

AllStarComics33_VG40.jpg

All-Star Comics #53

AllStarComics53_F65.jpg

Heroic Comics #3

After seeing Ciorac's and others copies of Heroic Comics, I just had to have one! (thumbs u

HeroicComics3_VG40.jpg

Supersnipe #6 (#1)

Supersnipe6_VG40.jpg

more damn fine pick ups (thumbs u

]

All-Star Comics #53

AllStarComics53_F65.jpg

All great books Fury :applause: But this one is :cloud9:

]

All-Star Comics #53

AllStarComics53_F65.jpg

you never said that bout my all star 53 :cry:

Heroic Comics #3

HeroicComics3_VG40.jpg

All beauties but if I were shopping I would most likely have ended up with the Heroic. Great stuff -- I hope you take a look inside.

Jack

]

All-Star Comics #53

AllStarComics53_F65.jpg

Yes I did. I wanted to buy it.

Heroic Comics #3

HeroicComics3_VG40.jpg

All beauties but if I were shopping I would most likely have ended up with the Heroic. Great stuff -- I hope you take a look inside.

Jack

Read the Supersnipe last night and will be reading the Heroic tonight! :headbang:

]

All-Star Comics #53

AllStarComics53_F65.jpg

It's a really pretty copy. There was a whole pile of All-Stars, and all but this one and the #33 were low grade, taped up, reader copies. I'm glad I looked through them carefully!

]

All-Star Comics #53

AllStarComics53_F65.jpg

Yes I did. I wanted to buy it.

oh yeah, actually you did... I stand corrected :foryou:

what is funny about the bails books...4 of them had clear tape on the spine (for NO reason, spine 100% in tact) and all white pages... but, cgc wouldn't assign a higher than 4.5 grade to them, even though they all look VF or better

little Jerry bails mini run I picked up a few years ago from Blb

sdcc2007042.jpg

So the coke is packaged as toys. hm

what is funny about the bails books...4 of them had clear tape on the spine (for NO reason, spine 100% in tact) and all white pages... but, cgc wouldn't assign a higher than 4.5 grade to them, even though they all look VF or better

sdcc2007042.jpg

I remember lusting after that All-Star #51 (diamond men!) and #26 when Bob B posted them. At least I got a #26 eventually but still not #51. Great cover.

The attached advice from Marvel Bullpen Bulletins (Sept 1967) might explain the tape.

Jack

75525.jpg.7bed9bfc6ff232c675b437cc107ea8cc.jpg

The attached advice from Marvel Bullpen Bulletins (Sept 1967) might explain the tape.

Jack

75525.jpg

Thank you Bud Cavadini!?!?! doh!

Supersnipe #6 (#1)

Supersnipe6_VG40.jpg

The perfect GA dream book.....Supersnipe.....