• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

Won a few classic GA Horror covers-- wanted two others but bowed out at 6x guide! :cry:

3369028247_04af73a417.jpg3367332824_e1052511e2.jpg

3364796641_0505e02835.jpg3364796635_a06e8e0830.jpg

:headbang:

Congrats GE :applause:

That Dark Mysteries is :cloud9:

I was just going to say the very same thing. Love that book. :applause:

Won a few classic GA Horror covers-- wanted two others but bowed out at 6x guide! :cry:

3369028247_04af73a417.jpg3367332824_e1052511e2.jpg

3364796641_0505e02835.jpg3364796635_a06e8e0830.jpg

:headbang:

cool, one and all dino. excellent stuff.

I'm pretty sure getting these books is indicative of a problem. You're my kind of guy, GE.

Thanks.

I think the Planets in this auction were, in general, a great deal with most going for under guide. I really like the early issues with the old logo better than the later issues, but they are all pretty nice. IMO you got the deal of the run on the #3 — 9.0 with a beautiful black cover and white pages and $800 under guide!!!!!!

Great pickups and a huge chunk out of your wantlist crossed off. (thumbs u

— Rick

Thanks.

I think the Planets in this auction were, in general, a great deal with most going for under guide. I really like the early issues with the old logo better than the later issues, but they are all pretty nice. IMO you got the deal of the run on the #3 — 9.0 with a beautiful black cover and white pages and $800 under guide!!!!!!

— Rick

I was shocked to win the 3. I dont usually pick up 9.0s, usually a grade or two under, but at 75% of guide, I cant complain. With the twelve planets I picked up in this auction, I'm now officially past the half way point on the run. :banana:

Thanks.

— Rick

I was shocked to win the 3. I dont usually pick up 9.0s, usually a grade or two under, but at 75% of guide, I cant complain. With the twelve planets I picked up in this auction, I'm now officially past the half way point on the run. :banana:

(worship)

Thanks.

— Rick

Mike - that is awesome. So many great covers on those Planets. Keep going :acclaim:

Thank you for the encouraging words guys. :grin:

I definitely intend to keep going. It'll probably be a few years, but eventually the boards will get a big group shot of the whole run. I might try a 'half way there' group shot when these ones arrive from comic link, and when I get the currently raw ones finally sent to, and then back from, CGC.

I definitely intend to keep going. It'll probably be a few years, but eventually the boards will get a big group shot of the whole run. I might try a 'half way there' group shot when these ones arrive from comic link, and when I get the currently raw ones finally sent to, and then back from, CGC.

i'm officially going after the first 22 mike. i only have a half-dozen or so, but it'll be fun trying for the rest.

i'm officially going after the first 22 mike. i only have a half-dozen or so, but it'll be fun trying for the rest.

:gossip: There's a #1 in the Market thread!

I wont be competing for the 1,3,4,8 or 22. Hopefully your half dozen dont over lap those, which means we will only be competing for half the first 22. :foryou:

nice little doc showed up on sunday heritage. i like this one, and it looks so much nicer than it's grade.

doc5.jpg

What a strange looking villain! The coloring on the villain, and on the rest of the cover, really makes it stand out. :applause: