• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,421 posts in this topic

In from Heritage yesterday... fills in my SILVER STREAK run gap between 7 and 9. :cloud9:

Nice off white pager... dang tough issue!! Lots of Jack Cole art.

c001-4.jpg

nice indeed.

In from Heritage yesterday... fills in my SILVER STREAK run gap between 7 and 9. :cloud9:

c001-4.jpg

Can I come over and read it? Purty please? :wishluck:

c001-4.jpg

Perv!

:o

c001-4.jpg

Perv!

Don't mind Socratic Wonder... he is gutter minded!

Come on over Mr. B, and bring some of those lovely 9.0 inches you have. :cloud9:

Geez, I mean lovely 9.0 books! BOOKS I meant to say!

c001-4.jpg

Perv!

Don't mind Socratic Wonder... he is gutter minded!

Come on over Mr. B, and bring some of those lovely 9.0 inches you have. :cloud9:

Geez, I mean lovely 9.0 books! BOOKS I meant to say!

:sick:

Yes I am. The #1 is a low grade, cover detached, but the #3 which is the scacer of the two was once a slabbed CGC 5.0 blue label. I'm really glad about that, because the book almost gives the impression that the right hand side had been chopped off.

Now all I need is a #2 and I will have every comic every produced by Nita Publishing. :grin:

What's the art like in these comics, Fuel? I may never see one in person, and I'm curious if there are any well known GA artists, or interesting stories and art.

I notice the cover to #3 is by Bert Whitman... that name sounds very familiar. hm

A great batch of books from ciorac, some board sales, some ebay!

Three of my favorite covers:

Space Detective 4 -- love those Wasp Women! Great black and white "contents" page by Gene Fawcette inside the front cover. Do you think that he drew the cover?

SpaceDetective4.jpg

Amazing Adventures 5 with a classic Ziff-Davis painted cover -- but who painted it? Could it be Murphy Anderson, who drew the first story? Al Anderson?

AmazingAdventures5.jpg

Space Busters 1. Yes, I know, it's too beat up to show off, but who can resist a Space Amazons painted cover by Norm Saunders?

SpaceBusters1.jpg

Gene Fawcette cover

Allan Anderson cover (Murphy didn't paint any). There appears to be some attribution to Alex Schomburg on some of the covers but I'm convinced that is incorrect. A great place to get an education about Anderson is in Illustration Magazine, which might help you judge for yourself.

Illustration.jpg

Illustrationp9.jpg

IllustrationAndersonchklist.jpg

THANKS for the comments, info, advice and checklist.

Jack

Gene Fawcette cover

Allan Anderson cover (Murphy didn't paint any). There appears to be some attribution to Alex Schomburg on some of the covers but I'm convinced that is incorrect. A great place to get an education about Anderson is in Illustration Magazine, which might help you judge for yourself.

Illustration.jpg

Illustrationp9.jpg

IllustrationAndersonchklist.jpg

A great batch of books from ciorac, some board sales, some ebay!

Three of my favorite covers:

Space Detective 4 -- love those Wasp Women! Great black and white "contents" page by Gene Fawcette inside the front cover. Do you think that he drew the cover?

SpaceDetective4.jpg

Amazing Adventures 5 with a classic Ziff-Davis painted cover -- but who painted it? Could it be Murphy Anderson, who drew the first story? Al Anderson?

AmazingAdventures5.jpg

Space Busters 1. Yes, I know, it's too beat up to show off, but who can resist a Space Amazons painted cover by Norm Saunders?

SpaceBusters1.jpg

(worship)My fav is the Amazing!