• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

Here's a fun new arrival.

Big Shot 67, Jul-46 from Columbia.

Solid reader condition,. Very nice Ogden Whitney Skyman story. Unfortunately, Sparky Watts is by , DeAngelo, not Boody Rogers. Disappointing, since Rogers' Sparky is usually one of the best features in the book. Charlie Chan, Joe Palooka, etc.

bigshot67.jpg

Jack

That was a really classy move to give returning artist turned soldier Whitney such a warm welcome on the cover

(thumbs u

For post #400, I'd like to share two of the new keepers in my small but adequately formed Archie collection:

Reggie1.jpg

The scratches on the case are a bit distracting, I know, but hey, the book within is delightful, and compares very favourably with the 8.0 Crippen copy on comiclink.

Laugh32.jpg

My third Crippen book, but the first in high grade! :cloud9: Note that Archie and Jughead are being taught the Pythagorean Theorem again at the age of 17...They'd be in pre-calc if only they'd stop thinking about girls and food and just do some work... rantrant

I quit

I'm blown away again

Planets :cloud9:

Every other book in this thread

I'm not worthy..........

:lol:

Gotta go get me some GA GGA

Recent addition...

bstarr.jpg

One of my favorite GGAs! :cloud9:

Avon calling.

Red Mountain – Quantrell's Raiders (that's the indicia title), 1952 Avon one-shot, featuring Alan Ladd and a great Kinstler cover. Nice interior artwork that I'm guessing is also Kinstler. Too bad about the tape on spine, but that's probably why the price was so modest.

quantrell.jpg

Jack

Plenty of Big Shot scans out there (shrug) -

I only know Boody Rogers from a few Babe stories I've read - but I like his style - somewhere between Sheldon Mayer and Chester Gould. I'm looking forward to the Boody book Fantagraphics is publishing.

Recent addition...

bstarr.jpg

I wish I had the budget to dip into the GA books.

There are great bondage covers back then! Feed the fetish.

I'm sure you wouldn't regret it. At least most are still obtainable and less than their GA key superhero counterparts.

After looking at this thing on ComicConnect for months, I finally pulled the trigger. Book looks as expected and it's one of the better card covers, in my opinion.

Detective-118.jpg

Nice pickup bro :applause:

After looking at this thing on ComicConnect for months, I finally pulled the trigger. Book looks as expected and it's one of the better card covers, in my opinion.

Detective-118.jpg

Nice pickup bro :applause:

Yep ! , with your name being "Poker Kid' , I think you need that book ! (thumbs u