• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,420 posts in this topic

3568999182_5a86a6fb07.jpg

The graded one I got in the mail today. The ungraded one my dad bought from William Uthe (or however you spell the German scam artists name), and I plan to sell it.

Someone actually RECEIVED a book from Uthe???

Yes! It took around 2 months. My dad's really good at being a jerk. lol

The graded one I got in the mail today. The ungraded one my dad bought from William Uthe (or however you spell the German scam artists name), and I plan to sell it.

Receipt of the book involved Lauren, Paratrooper, and Uthe. It looked something like this:

fight42.jpg

Receipt of the book involved Lauren, Paratrooper, and Uthe. It looked something like this:

fight42.jpg

:roflmao:

Nice! You should post them in the Double your Pleasure thread. (thumbs u

And congrats on not getting ripped off by Uthe. :eek:

Unless he graded it vf...

lol

We paid $50 for it. No idea what it was graded. It has brittle pages and the cover is off. I'll be selling it soon.

We paid $50 for it. No idea what it was graded. It has brittle pages and the cover is off. I'll be selling it soon.

Brittle pages and detached cover? You sure that's not a Mile High comics "NM" sticker on the front cover? hm

Brittle pages and detached cover? You sure that's not a Mile High comics "NM" sticker on the front cover? hm

lol When I was buying comics in the 80's me and my trading buddies referred to VG-ish books as "Mile High Near Mint". Not sure which of us picked up the term first but it came from someone's mail order experience.

Did somebody say William Uthe? That guy scammed me a few months back. Via email I tracked down his postal intermediary (thanks to this message forum), told him the whole story, and the intermediary sent me back my stuff at no extra charge. Uthe got nothing.

Did somebody say William Uthe? That guy scammed me a few months back. Via email I tracked down his postal intermediary (thanks to this message forum), told him the whole story, and the intermediary sent me back my stuff at no extra charge. Uthe got nothing.

:( I think I am indeed the only person to ever get anything from this guy.

Congrats Andy! That's a beaut (thumbs u

(And the book ain't too bad either :grin: )

fight35.jpg

(worship)

So, Andy, was it worth it? :devil:

IMNSHO, insides are terrible, cover is a classic. Kind of like buying a Porsche and finding a Datsun engine inside.