• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,442 posts in this topic

Just got the final issue I needed to complete this run. The toughest issue of the run, at least in my oppinion. There are only 2 graded copies in the census: a 3.0 & a 4.5. :cloud9:

ps5front.jpg

Marvelous copy! :applause:

Thanks! You've got the nicest # 4 I've seen. :cloud9:

Just got the final issue I needed to complete this run.

ps5front.jpg

A beautiful copy of an impossible book! Yahoo (thumbs u

Just got the final issue I needed to complete this run. The toughest issue of the run, at least in my oppinion. There are only 2 graded copies in the census: a 3.0 & a 4.5. :cloud9:

ps5front.jpg

Marvelous copy! :applause:

Thanks! You've got the nicest # 4 I've seen. :cloud9:

I love it!

Just got the final issue I needed to complete this run.

ps5front.jpg

A beautiful copy of an impossible book! Yahoo (thumbs u

Thank you for starting me down this road. (worship):foryou:

I'd forgotten how nice those books are. And you put together a heck of a run.

A really big congrats ^^

Beautiful Phantom Stranger run. On a different note...

Ken

ftp7.jpg

Beautiful book! There are some wonderful covers in that run. :cloud9:

Love this one. I love the sidebar art.

Edited by Buck Biggins

Recently acquired a copy of a scarce, but relatively unknown GA gem, Justice Traps the Guilty #56. It's a "classic cover" according to Oversteet but since this is CGC's first and only certified copy, I thought I'd give a little background as to its significance, FYI:

3733885652_16be4bb282_b.jpg

The cover for Justice Traps the Guilty #56 has been reproduced in Joe Simon’s book “The Comic Book Makers” and “The Art of Jack Kirby” by Ray Wyman, Jr. The cover’s fame rests not so much on its artistic value (no offense to Martin Stein) but on the people portrayed in the police lineup. Here as the suspects we find starting from our left Ben Oda (Simon and Kirby’s letterer), Joe Simon, Joe Genalo (Prize editor), Mort Meskin and Jack Kirby. This was, of course, an inside joke because none of these individuals were actually criminals, nor were they likely to be recognized by the public.

Kudos to Jim Payette for getting this one for me. If you come across another copy, snap it up for a witty (and not expensive) slice of comics history. (thumbs u

GE

Recently acquired a copy of a scarce, but relatively unknown GA gem, Justice Traps the Guilty #56. It's a "classic cover" according to Oversteet but since this is CGC's first and only certified copy, I thought I'd give a little background as to its significance, FYI:

3733885652_16be4bb282_b.jpg

The cover for Justice Traps the Guilty #56 has been reproduced in Joe Simon’s book “The Comic Book Makers” and “The Art of Jack Kirby” by Ray Wyman, Jr. The cover’s fame rests not so much on its artistic value (no offense to Martin Stein) but on the people portrayed in the police lineup. Here as the suspects we find starting from our left Ben Oda (Simon and Kirby’s letterer), Joe Simon, Joe Genalo (Prize editor), Mort Meskin and Jack Kirby. This was, of course, an inside joke because none of these individuals were actually criminals, nor were they likely to be recognized by the public.

Kudos to Jim Payette for getting this one for me. If you come across another copy, snap it up for a witty (and not expensive) slice of comics history. (thumbs u

GE

What a nice solid copy of that book. Looks great!! :applause:I also have The Comic Book Makers and The art of Jack Kirby , both outstanding books.

That's where I 1st seen this comic also . Great addition to any collection. Congrats again. (worship)

Edited by PUNYHUMAN