• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

By the way, here's a book I picked up at Heroes this year. Just got it back from CGC. I had hoped for a little higher grade, but it is very nice. The cover colors are just spectacular, and very nice pages too.

Action-34-1.jpg

By the way, here's a book I picked up at Heroes this year. Just got it back from CGC. I had hoped for a little higher grade, but it is very nice. The cover colors are just spectacular, and very nice pages too.

Action-34-1.jpg

dam! hee hee.

Action-34-1.jpg

dam! hee hee.

:makepoint:

Won this one in the most recent Heritage auction. I love the cover.

Exciting6.jpg

So that was YOU. lol Glad I didn't stick to it as hard as I'd considered. (thumbs u Always happy when a boardie gets a cool book!

I had no access during the auction so had to place an internet bid early the morning of the auction. It was enough...barely. Thanks for not hammering harder!

Action-34-1.jpg

Very nice. Let me know if you ever want to part with it. :shy:

"Come meet my three boys!"

Finally found a Boy #10-- by far the toughest of the classic Iron Jaw covers-- to pair with my #9 and #11! :)

3790136471_d939c6140f_b.jpg

Note: CGC error on label..should read Boy #11

2580862651_06a81e40f1_b.jpg

3537599086_178f586ff5_b.jpg

To my knowledge, Boy Comics 9-11 is the first and only instance in GA comics where three consecutive issues have earned "classic cover" status.

Finally found a Boy #10-- by far the toughest of the classic Iron Jaw covers-- to pair with my #9 and #11! :)

To my knowledge, Boy Comics 9-11 is the first and only instance in GA comics where three consecutive issues have earned "classic cover" status.

WOW -- and element covers too!

I don't recall seeing #10 before. In fact, I didn't even realize that Iron Jaw was a Nazi villain.

I wonder why Biro changed the jaw style so much on your other #10 -- I mean #11. It's even creepier that way.

Congrats on a great set!

Jack

wonderful books dino, but you have to be wrong about the consecutive classics. have you never checked out world's finest, star spangled and leading in the gerber?