• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,442 posts in this topic

I have wanted to own one of RyanH's paintings for awhile and finally, after getting thoroughly tired of seeing Rick and Win have all the fun, I had one done.

I asked for his take on Cole's Thrilling Crime 49 and here is the result. You be the judge!

ANDY_TC49_lores.jpg

....with wraparound art!

ANDY_TC49detail2.jpg

Super nice! :applause:

Awesome!!! :o

I have wanted to own one of RyanH's paintings for awhile and finally, after getting thoroughly tired of seeing Rick and Win have all the fun, I had one done.

I asked for his take on Cole's Thrilling Crime 49 and here is the result. You be the judge!

ANDY_TC49_lores.jpg

....with wraparound art!

ANDY_TC49detail2.jpg

he's just so good. congrats, boardie.

That's putting those paychecks to great use!!

(worship)

That's putting those paychecks to great use!!

(worship)

I agree. I already want another one.

I never post anything before I have it in my hands but thanks to the vigilant eye of JvR11, I just won this :D and I am adding an update :)

84832.jpg

lol And after waiting for 8 Years and 1 Month to buy a copy, another one was listed on eBay tonight :insane:

I never post anything before I have it in my hands but thanks to the vigilant eye of JvR11, I just won this :D and I am adding an update :)

84832.jpg

lol And after waiting for 8 Years and 1 Month to buy a copy, another one was listed on eBay tonight :insane:

isn't that always the way!

ANDY_TC49_lores.jpg

....with wraparound art!

ANDY_TC49detail2.jpg

Super nice! :applause:

Awesome!!! :o

a GREAT choice

love me some rivets. 4 of 'em to go.

planet12.jpg

After somebody posted 66 a few pages back I started looking into Planet Comics and they've got really great scifi covers.

I've really taken a liking to them.

The rivets here are a great detail.

Good luck on the last 4.

After 2 years of searching, I finally nabbed a presentable and most importantly, affordable copy of this book. For those of you who don't know, that giant pot "o" steel being dumped on Supes is called a "bull ladle". Pouring steel castings is what I do so this book has a special place in my heart. Tomorrow I hope to post a pic of what the real thing looks like compared to this cover. :grin:

ActionComics108.jpg

Here's a shot this afternoon of my guys pouring the 1st heat of the day.

MIKES.jpg

Yah, but where's Supes?