• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,437 posts in this topic

Not really a new acquisition for me, as this book has been with me for a decade or more, but I had Matt Nelson press it to get rid of a pretty nasty spine roll and then had it encapsulated. Came back this week and I think it turned out nicely. :grin:

action16.jpg

Matt did a swell job.

I should have joined the Legion....

Not really a new acquisition for me, as this book has been with me for a decade or more, but I had Matt Nelson press it to get rid of a pretty nasty spine roll and then had it encapsulated. Came back this week and I think it turned out nicely. :grin:

action16.jpg

Matt did a swell job.

Me too, as Bouncing Boy when I was a kid.

Jack

I grossly overpaid for this one in the last ComicConnect auction. Got it in and the FC was perfect. The back cover was wavy enough to surf on. A quick stop at classics and its probably worth about what I paid.

Sorry about the scanner glare.

49Startling90.jpg

I grossly overpaid for this one in the last ComicConnect auction. Got it in and the FC was perfect. The back cover was wavy enough to surf on. A quick stop at classics and its probably worth about what I paid.

49Startling90.jpg

I am humbled by the awesomeness (worship)(worship)(worship) . That is a stunning book!

action16.jpg

awesome book ! do you have any before scans with the nasty spine roll to show us ? :popcorn:

I'm not sure if you can appreciate the spine roll on this one. While scanning this one, I put the scanner lid down and kept it pushed down to make the book lie flatter on the scanner bed. It made for a better image, but didn't really show the spine roll.

action16a.jpg

Edited by walclark

49Startling90.jpg

Nice! (thumbs u

action16.jpg

Matt did a swell job.

Me too, as Bouncing Boy when I was a kid.

Jack

I would have pegged you for Matter-Eater Lad

I'm not sure if you can appreciate the spine roll on this one. While scanning this one, I put the scanner lid down and kept it pushed down to make the book lie flatter on the scanner bed. It made for a better image, but didn't really show the spine roll.

action16a.jpg

action16.jpg

thanks for posting the before pics. the change is subtle, but you can definitely tell the book has been improved.

action16a.jpg

action16.jpg

thanks for posting the before pics. the change is subtle, but you can definitely tell the book has been improved.

Gorgeous (thumbs u

Startling 49....Schomburg airbrush....robot....bondage.... :cloud9: That's a fabulous copy of a super classic book, congratulations! (thumbs u

49Startling90.jpg

That is a beaut (thumbs u

49Startling90.jpg

Sweet copy!

49Startling90.jpg

I am humbled by the awesomeness (worship)(worship)(worship) . That is a stunning book!

One of the bestest books ever!!! :cloud9:

49Startling90.jpg

One of the bestest books ever!!! :cloud9:

it was a nice looking 7.5 (I bid fairly aggressively on it)... glad it could be improved... last 9.0 sold for about $7k, just as a FYI (thumbs u

The grade was made by the back cover. It was a mess and I don't know if it really deserved the grade it had. I admit when I got it I was pretty disappointed in how it looked.

The grade was made by the back cover. It was a mess and I don't know if it really deserved the grade it had. I admit when I got it I was pretty disappointed in how it looked.
did look nice from the front, not sure I ever even saw the back cover... just another of those books I really like... I think I stopped at about $5100 and I saw it go a few bids higher, so you done good given it was a 9.0 in hiding (thumbs u