• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

I bit the bullet with Mound City yesterday and managed to win a bidding war for this one. I hope the service in getting it to me is better than everyone's past experience.

69.jpg

great book...

I'm becoming a true GA collector. Saw this book and said, "That's too cool a cover to sell for that little."

Targetv65.jpg

Love WWII covers. :cloud9:

:frustrated: Missed that one and have been looking for it for my war bonds collection.

Hard to follow that Planet #4 of Cheetah's but here is my single win from the Mound City auction.

PunchComics165.jpg

a cool book for sure...

One of my favorite covers. When I bought my Punch #1 and Dynamic #1, it started me on collecting Cheslers.

Very nice, indeed! :applause:

Hard to follow that Planet #4 of Cheetah's but here is my single win from the Mound City auction.

PunchComics165.jpg

a cool book for sure...

One of my favorite covers. When I bought my Punch #1 and Dynamic #1, it started me on collecting Cheslers.

i love it too. as to the "big 4" chelser #1's, i go with the dynamic at 1, punch at 2, yankee at 3 and scoop bringing up the rear.

dynamic1.jpg

puinch1.jpg

yankee1.jpg

scoop1.jpg

PunchComics165.jpg

a cool book for sure...

i love it too. as to the "big 4" chelser #1's, i go with the dynamic at 1, punch at 2, yankee at 3 and scoop bringing up the rear.

scoop1.jpg

That cover does bring it up the rear :sick:

PunchComics165.jpg

a cool book for sure...

scoop1.jpg

i hear you, but they can't all be hello pal 1.

I daresay I will follow where others have led. Halfway to the #1s:

DynamicComics1CGC70.jpg

PunchComics165.jpg

I once owned lesser copies of the Punch and Dynamic first issues and seem to recall that one has much better content than the other, but I cant recall which one is which! And can anyone advise how do the Yankee and Scoop first issues' contents compare?

My impression is that the Punch is scarcer than the Dynamic.

Top of my Chesler list is now Scoop #2. Anyone able to help me out? :wishluck:

PunchComics165.jpg

a cool book for sure...

dynamic1.jpg

puinch1.jpg

Billy, post a back cover scan of Dynamic #1 ..... it has all 4 pictured!!! :headbang:

yankee1.jpg

scoop1.jpg

PunchComics165.jpg

a cool book for sure...

scoop1.jpg

i hear you, but they can't all be hello pal 1.

:censored:

I daresay I will follow where others have led. Halfway to the #1s:

DynamicComics1CGC70.jpg

PunchComics165.jpg

I once owned lesser copies of the Punch and Dynamic first issues and seem to recall that one has much better content than the other, but I cant recall which one is which! And can anyone advise how do the Yankee and Scoop first issues' contents compare?

My impression is that the Punch is scarcer than the Dynamic.

Top of my Chesler list is now Scoop #2. Anyone able to help me out? :wishluck:

good luck on the scoop 2; i waited a long time to get mine, and don't really recall a shot at an upgrade [not a single one in the heritage archives]. i'll keep you in mind should one come across my radar.

scoop2.jpg

I was sorely tempted by this one. Lots of confusion on the bidding around this one. Glad it was sorted out and that you got it. Just a beautiful book.

I was sorely tempted by this one. Lots of confusion on the bidding around this one. Glad it was sorted out and that you got it. Just a beautiful book.

Many thanks! I did notice some sort of delay around that time in the auction but didnt realise it was this lot precisely. What was the confusion, do you know?