• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

It never ceases to amaze me how many times I open up this thread and say to myself, 'wow, I'd like to have one of those.' I'm gonna have to stop opening up the thread.

You will be a much happier collector if you know to avoid the three traps:

1. Gerber Guides

2. SD Con

3. GA Forum

It's too late for me, but there's probably still time for you. :insane:

I think the boards are even better than Gerber was at showcasing certain issues....I'm always a little overwhelmed when I open my Photo Journals. Here on the boards, you get nice big pictures, one at a time -- easier to assimilate.

And I thought I would never own an Exciting Comics #9 - now I have two of them. (The 2.0 may be one of Bill's old copies???) Damned OCD :tonofbricks:

congrats :applause:

I have two as well.

Thanks, George. Considering your collection, I thought you had two of every issue. One high grade in 9.8 and one low grade in 9.6 :baiting:

And I thought I would never own an Exciting Comics #9 - now I have two of them. (The 2.0 may be one of Bill's old copies???) Damned OCD :tonofbricks:

congrats :applause:

I have two as well.

Thanks, George. Considering your collection, I thought you had two of every issue. One high grade in 9.8 and one low grade in 9.6 :baiting:

Yep, the 9.6 is his "reader" copy. :P

Thanks for the feedback on my books. The Comics On Parade # 17 does have bondage/headlights cover. I see so many great books on this board. Like a candy store. I have one more to put up. Not a high grade, but a great Lou Fine cover. National Comics # 9. Photobucket

My latest Gerber Cover acquisition. A definite upgrade over my 1.0 with detached cover. I think I need a new scanner though.

Fantastic-5.jpg

Now if I could just get my hands on an affordable Fantastic #6...

Seems this is a big book (for me anyways) I thought I would double post it. Rick helped me to get this copy earlier this summer. He brought it to the con so I could pick it up in person.

action4cover002.jpg

Seems this is a big book (for me anyways) I thought I would double post it. Rick helped me to get this copy earlier this summer. He brought it to the con so I could pick it up in person.

action4cover002.jpg

WOW! (worship)

That's an incredible book, rare - hardly seen, especially in a 5.0 :o

Great great pick up :applause:

My latest Gerber Cover acquisition. A definite upgrade over my 1.0 with detached cover. I think I need a new scanner though.

Fantastic-5.jpg

Now if I could just get my hands on an affordable Fantastic #6...

This book was sweet in hand. I briefly considered putting a bid on it. Nice pick up.

action4cover002.jpg

Congrats Mike :applause: In that run, there aren't too many bigger. :)