• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,437 posts in this topic

Thanks for sharing, Jeff, those are some great books. I like a lot of the peripheral material from the 1930's as much as the comic books themselves. The premiums, BLB's, gum cards, games, coloring books, etc., all have the same great graphic art. Beautiful stuff!

BuckRogersKelloggsCGC80fc.jpg

I've got a beater (cover deteached) copy, but what a very fun book. :golfclap:

Stilll have to be careful of the nearly-identical reprint, which contiues to cause confusion.

Yeah, that's an absolute beauty from 1933. Great catch!

Thanks for sharing, Jeff, those are some great books. I like a lot of the peripheral material from the 1930's as much as the comic books themselves. The premiums, BLB's, gum cards, games, coloring books, etc., all have the same great graphic art. Beautiful stuff!

Hi Rich :hi:

Thanks guys! (thumbs u

I went through many copies of the Kelloggs premium before I finally found this keeper and I just now got around to getting it slabbed.

Steve, I believe the 1990's reprint is missing the kelloggs products on the back cover, but I may be mistaken about that as I've never actually seen one in person.

BuckRogersKelloggsCGCbc.jpg

I just noticed this cover on a Popular Comic. It is a very obvious German Stuka dive bomber and is dated Dec 1939. Are there earlier examples of the war. I think the Action 17 cover is dated 1939 as well. I don't remember what the other example are. Anyone else?

5456417003_7e1e181eca_z.jpg

2509142358_576466e72f_z.jpg

Action 17 has a WWI vintage tank on the cover. Tanks didn't seem up to date until 2 years later.

3150997758_8c7d9e827d.jpg

Steve, I believe the 1990's reprint is missing the kelloggs products on the back cover, but I may be mistaken about that as I've never actually seen one in person.

BuckRogersKelloggsCGCbc.jpg

Correct - that's the only difference that I'm aware of.

And for a 1933 premium, it is printed and thick glossy quality paper, as was the reprint.

One experienced dealer didn't know about the reprint, so I had to break the bad news to him in person at a show, but thankfully he took it all in stride.

Your copy is so beautiful. :cloud9:

I like most of the Star Spangled run as long as it is reasonable priced.

You got Simon and Kirby Newsboy Legion and Siegel's Star Spangled Kid in the beginning and

Robotman and Robin in the middle and Tomahawk and Ghost Breaker at the end. Some fun.

5457244130_9b0b6d5d0b_z.jpg5456637757_4ef63ba95d_z.jpg

2232178084_2d89617cdc_z.jpg2751102611_0cc6dfdf4f_z.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun