• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

Wow. Thanks for that, guys. Those are the two nicest copies of that book that I've ever seen. Do you guys agree that these are among the toughest Avons to find?

Super cool books.

I don't think there are too many "easy" Avons. The fact that we are sharing a couple high grade copies (mine is the White Mtn, for those keeping score at home) probably puts this issue in a class with most other Avons.

I've always liked the one-shots!

CityoftheLivingDeadFront.jpg

DiaryOfHorror1.jpg

PhantomWitchDoctor1.jpg

Kinstler and Hollingsworth. What's not to love! :applause:

I wonder if Avon was actually trying to start these books off as series or if they just had a bunch of extra stories that didn't make it into their other ongoing titles? (shrug)

Here are some random new golden age purchases, with some silver mixed in.

newgroup-1.jpg

:applause:

Did you get the Tales of Terror annual from the last Heritage auction, Andy? I put a few bids on that, but in the end I just couldn't afford it.

Here are some random new golden age purchases, with some silver mixed in.

newgroup-1.jpg

:applause:

Did you get the Tales of Terror annual from the last Heritage auction, Andy? I put a few bids on that, but in the end I just couldn't afford it.

Yep. It ended under guie, presents well and is kinda tough to find so I had to snag it.

That Dagwood Splits the Atom is excellent. :applause:

It's a super fresh copy that came with the original mailing envelope. It was like $25 shipped on eBay, so I couldn't pass it up.

I saw that one. Almost bid on it. Glad it went to you. :thumbsup: