• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

a new raboy is welcomed to the fold.

spysmasher6.jpg

I was watching that one on Heritage last night but didn't bid. It's a beauty of a copy. Congrats!

thanks goodness it didn't have an "8" in that grade, or i doubt it would be la. bound. and thanks, buddy.

i know just the boardie! congrats on two great books.

Splutter! Guess I really did sell them then - thought it might have been just a horrible dream...

saw them on clink...forgot to inquire ...congrats josh

Got this baby delivered to me earlier this month.

MAJOR KEY: 1st appearance & origin Wonder Woman !!! :whee:

as8cgc85.jpg

as8cgc85bc.jpg

This is the first and only time that I've ever bought a PLOD since I'm usually apprehensive about such things. However, with the limited budget I had at the time, I figured it was either going to be a restored high grade or an unrestored low grade. Considering that I plan on keeping it for the long haul, I'm quite happy with it. :cloud9:

Furthermore, according to the latest CGC census, the highest graded is 9.0, followed by 8.5 for BOTH Universal and Restored labels! :acclaim:

as8cgc85.jpg

as8cgc85bc.jpg

This is the first and only time that I've ever bought a PLOD since I'm usually apprehensive about such things. However, with the limited budget I had at the time, I figured it was either going to be a restored high grade or an unrestored low grade. Considering that I plan on keeping it for the long haul, I'm quite happy with it. :cloud9:

Furthermore, according to the latest CGC census, the highest graded is 9.0, followed by 8.5 for BOTH Universal and Restored labels! :acclaim:

Crack that sucker out, that's a beautiful book! :applause:

as8cgc85.jpg

as8cgc85bc.jpg

Crack that sucker out, that's a beautiful book! :applause:

+1

as8cgc85.jpg

as8cgc85bc.jpg

Congrats on a great looking copy! One of my favorite books. :cloud9:

as8cgc85.jpg

as8cgc85bc.jpg

Beeee-eautiful Book! :applause:

And don't worry about PLOD. Here's my 2c ...

FOR (Fear Of Restoration) syndrome is an overrated holdover from a time when undisclosed amateur restoration plagued the collector's market. This attitude is gradually changing thanks to savvy collectors, more formalized grading practices (CGC) with full disclosure and professional restoration services.

One indication is that on any given Antiques Roadshow you'll see appraisers recommend professional archival restoration for paper (maps, movie memorabilia, posters) and fabrics to enhance rather than degrade value. Eventually this will become an acceptable norm in our hobby too, especially for tougher SA & GA titles.

IOW, you've got a real winner there, dude! :headbang:

Edited by DavidMerryweather

as8cgc85.jpg

as8cgc85bc.jpg

Beeee-eautiful Book! :applause:

And don't worry about PLOD. Here's my 2c ...

FOR (Fear Of Restoration) syndrome is an overrated holdover from a time when undisclosed amateur restoration plagued the collector's market. This attitude is gradually changing thanks to savvy collectors, more formalized grading practices (CGC) with full disclosure and professional restoration services.

One indication is that on any given Antiques Roadshow you'll see appraisers recommend professional archival restoration for paper (maps, movie memorabilia, posters) and fabrics to enhance rather than degrade value. Eventually this will become an acceptable norm in our hobby too, especially for tougher SA & GA titles.

IOW, you've got a real winner there, dude! :headbang:

agreed 100%. Awesome book!!

My scanner does not do this book justice. The colors on this book are so bright, they seem to be newsstand fresh.

A certain boardie, that I've known a very long time, was kind enough to sell me this marvelous book.

You can't see it in this scan, but on the left side of the cover, just above GL's cape is the remnants of the name LARSON, that some dimwit erased.

I"m thrilled to own the Larson copy of one of my favorite GA covers.

:whee:

larsonallamerican17b.jpg

What a stunning comic book! Well done Bill :applause:

Ok gang, to round out the rest of the haul I got over the weekend, I'll post some more group shots of them

Hopefully you will see something you like, and let me know. I'd like to got weekend after next and get some more :)

First up, the Atlas

atlasall.jpg

atlasall2.jpg

atlasall3.jpg