• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,426 posts in this topic

Thanks, guys. I really like them for the history. They mark ECs transition into the horror genre and, like Bill said, they are exceptional copies. In hand, they look brand new. I don't think I have ever had books that scanned as cleanly and clearly as these.

I like these two in particular. I never paid much attention to the CP 16, but after seeing your copy I need to get one. I love the rain and lightning in the background, a second before the room goes dark. Very cool.

Notice the use of "SuspenStory" (first use?) in the textbox too, very cool! (thumbs u

Not really comics but I won some bulk lots in a recent HA weekly auction. One was for a box pulps and the other was for a box fanzines. I haven't gone through all of them but I love this stuff. Fanzines include issues of ERB-DOM, several issues of RBCC and Comic Book Marketplace (including a nice copy of #2). Looking through some of the ads and stories brings back many memories and regrets. A couple of pics from the auctions -

dfc6af58.jpg

f37870f2.jpg

Recent pickup

IMG_0004.jpg

A beauty, Josh. If and when I finish my Nedor collection, Aces. I've started with some Four Favorites and Super-Mysterys already. Neat books for sure.

Thanks! Im working on my early Four Favorites run. Some great covers for sure.

CrimePatrol16FC.jpg

What a haul!!! :o

I like these two in particular. I never paid much attention to the CP 16, but after seeing your copy I need to get one. I love the rain and lightning in the background, a second before the room goes dark. Very cool.

Heritage has just the book you are looking for! http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=7033&LotIdNo=89035

Edited by adamstrange

The first three are thanks to Hank Pym and the last is thanks to Worldwide.

Congratulations - amazing books! (worship)

That 'thud' you heard was my jaw hitting the floor. Just amazing books.

Oh well, back to my mid-grade ECs... :sorry:

My first - and probably only ever - Church pedigree EC. Ah, that wonderful 'Mile High' smell!

Thanks to Billy Parker (you magnificent collector, you!), I keep stumbling across (and scooping up when the price is right) one pedigree copy as I continue to build the EC collection.

So far I have: Church, Spokane, Gaines, White Mountain, River City, and Vancouver.

Have seen some Cosmic Aeroplanes, and there's other pedigrees I'm overlooking (Circle 8?), but as they come along I'll pick one up of each...

WS11Church.jpg

My first - and probably only ever - Church pedigree EC. Ah, that wonderful 'Mile High' smell!

Thanks to Billy Parker (you magnificent collector, you!), I keep stumbling across (and scooping up when the price is right) one pedigree copy as I continue to build the EC collection.

So far I have: Church, Spokane, Gaines, White Mountain, River City, and Vancouver.

Have seen some Cosmic Aeroplanes, and there's other pedigrees I'm overlooking (Circle 8?), but as they come along I'll pick one up of each...

WS11Church.jpg

:applause:

WS11Church.jpg

an ec ped type set!! i love it---so happy to have inspired this great idea.

and don't forget this ped--one of my fave ec's in my collection [only a dozen or so].

ws13lostvalley.jpg

WS11Church.jpg

Awesome! :applause: