• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,445 posts in this topic

much like the 1950's funny pages and other funny animal books, they are generally considered "scarce"...

in my years, I have found the last 10 issues or so of CC to be available in lower grade, but really scarce above fine... 58 is a tough one for sure...I only owned the one copy that was in my runs years ago

Other than the last issue (#63) I don't think they are as scarce as advertised in lower grade. It's hard to find copies that don't have tears at the staples due to the sheer size of them, so that's the source of the lack of high grades. You also run across these in coverless condition more often than most normal sized books from the era. They are some fun books though!

Comic%20Cavalcade%20C.JPG

I concur...that was my point...they are fairly readily available in lower grades, if you look (not much demand, generally, so they are not brought to shows as much, hence the illusion that supply is short, but truthfully, general lack of demand is what is driving the general lack of market supply, even though there is supply..does that make sense lol )

but, as you mentioned and as I did, finding above fine is a challenge, and a worthy attempt!

I actually have found 63 to be among the most readily available copies of the last 10 or so...probably seen 5 copies this year alone (shrug)

I concur...that was my point...they are fairly readily available in lower grades, if you look (not much demand, generally, so they are not brought to shows as much, hence the illusion that supply is short, but truthfully, general lack of demand is what is driving the general lack of market supply, even though there is supply..does that make sense lol )

Right! I guess? Maybe? :ohnoez:

To be honest, I probably wouldn't have started accumulating them if it wasn't for the "Scarce" designation in Overstreet, and I'm guessing I'm not alone there.

I actually have found 63 to be among the most readily available copies of the last 10 or so...probably seen 5 copies this year alone (shrug)

And you didn't pick up one for me!?!?! :baiting:

Right! I guess? Maybe? :ohnoez:

To be honest, I probably wouldn't have started accumulating them if it wasn't for the "Scarce" designation in Overstreet, and I'm guessing I'm not alone there.

And you didn't pick up one for me!?!?! :baiting:

I have a couple, I think...do you need one?

The World's Finest and CC round bounds are :cloud9:

What an extraordinary set of GA books! :applause:

This cover was particularly pleasing. :cloud9:

Jungle54FC.jpg

Some new stuff over the last couple of months.

CaptainMidnight13FC.jpg

CaptainMidnight48FC.jpg

CaptainMidnight59FC.jpg

Stunning set of books Jeff (worship)

I've bid on Captain Midnight Mile Highs a time or two but never won any.

And those Crowley's are incredible :applause:

Thanks, guys. I've been enjoying the Captain Midnights alot since they aren't very hot right now and the prices aren't as bad as they've been in the past (for buying, not selling). But I expect they will be like some of the HG Fiction House books, they'll dry up as soon as someone(s) realizes I'm collecting them.

Exciting19FC.jpg

That is one heck of a funnybook you have there mister (thumbs u

A beauty (thumbs u

Thanks, guys. But I expect ... they'll dry up as soon as someone(s) realizes I'm collecting them.

We all derive a great deal of entertainment - not to say - inspiration - from watching your collection grow Jeff, so (I think I speak for all of us) I sincerely hope that your fear of things drying up turns out to be unfounded! The Nedors have been especially enjoyable to see over the past few months - we just dont see them very often, in any grade!

Edited by alanna

Thanks, guys. But I expect ... they'll dry up as soon as someone(s) realizes I'm collecting them.

We all derive a great deal of entertainment - not to say - inspiration - from watching your collection grow Jeff, so (I think I speak for all of us) I sincerely hope that your fear of things drying up turns out to be unfounded! The Nedors have been especially enjoyable to see over the past few months - we just dont see them very often, in any grade!

Then you will like what I got in the mail today...