• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,442 posts in this topic

Here is the 2nd highest graded one of these 1953 Superman 3-D comics. The only thing keeping it from grading high is the glass are unattached. I have them but it's what made it a qualified copy at 8.5 instead of 9+. I paid a guy 125 bucks for this awhile back. What a deal, ehh.

Photobucket

and the back...

Photobucket

pretty darned excited to get this one back

World's Finest Comics 43 12/49-1/50 D.C. Comics Universal 9.0 OFF-WHITE TO WHITE

it was so pretty, I was afraid to press it...so it is, untouched in all its original state :banana:

World's Finest Comics 43 12/49-1/50 D.C. Comics Universal 9.0 OFF-WHITE TO WHITE

it was so pretty, I was afraid to press it...so it is, untouched in all its original state :banana:

I don't think I've ever seen anyone post here WITHOUT showing a scan of the book before :o

I don't think I've ever seen anyone post here WITHOUT showing a scan of the book before :o

sometimes, as a collector, we have "pre mature" excitement...tis the case here, but i will post follow up pic once cgc ships to me!

just graded and couldn't contain myself... lol

Recent acquisition....nice black cover.

aa61.jpg

beautiful!

Indeed :o I mean, just wow!

Wow! Amazing copy of one of my favorite books! Congrats, that's quite a pick-up. (thumbs u

Ok here is a rare peize for me. I bought this comic from a guy who didn't really sell comics. I paid him 90.00 bucks about 3 years ago for this. It is truly NM+ It is Four Color #12 the first Bambi. It appears to never have even been opened. Sorry again for any glare, I had already shrink wrapped this one to foamboard when I took the pic. I wonder what it would truly be worth if I ever had it graded. It would have to be the highest one out there. Sad thing I will probably never let this one go, I actually have another copy in NM- to VF+ but dont have the pic uploaded yet. Anyhoe hope you enjoy this one.

Photobucket

Ok here is a rare peize for me. I bought this comic from a guy who didn't really sell comics. I paid him 90.00 bucks about 3 years ago for this. It is truly NM+ It is Four Color #12 the first Bambi. It appears to never have even been opened. Sorry again for any glare, I had already shrink wrapped this one to foamboard when I took the pic. I wonder what it would truly be worth if I ever had it graded. It would have to be the highest one out there. Sad thing I will probably never let this one go, I actually have another copy in NM- to VF+ but dont have the pic uploaded yet. Anyhoe hope you enjoy this one.

Photobucket

Ok... I'll say it. You need to buy a scanner. Dude you have some super books that I would love to see close and clear, but you are tormenting me with these pictures :grin:

Just consider this a friendly request

Ok so check this comic out. C-M-O Comics #1 (1942) which stands for Chicago Mail Order. This is extremely rare. I have seen it a couple times before but it was always trashed. I was lucky to get this one in this shape. Worth quite a bit as well for a non-superhero book

Photobucket

Wow. Great pics. Thank you for sharing. :golfclap:

Now, I just have to ask...

I had already shrink wrapped this one to foamboard when I took the pic.
I don't think I have ever seen a comic shrink wrapped in this way. Why not just a mylar and fullback? And, how do you shrink wrap it...heat?

I had already shrink wrapped this one to foamboard when I took the pic.

You have some beautiful books, earthshaker :cloud9: but I was a bit concerned when I saw this. Typically foamboard and shrinkwrap are acidic and sealing the book in that environment is far from ideal. Is this just a temporary way you store your books?

That's a beautiful copy of a very, very difficult book! :o

Ok so check this comic out. C-M-O Comics #1 (1942) which stands for Chicago Mail Order. This is extremely rare. I have seen it a couple times before but it was always trashed. I was lucky to get this one in this shape. Worth quite a bit as well for a non-superhero book

Photobucket

I knew this would be brought up. I use acid free foam board and bags that shrink under very low heat. What I have done for the last 20 years is cut a piece of foamboard out just larger than the comic. Then slip it into the bag. Then under low heat it is shirnk wrapped. This makes the comic so it can never be bent and the benfit is it is airtight. You could drop it, toss it and remove it from the box without having to worry about it getting any damage. Then they are placed in standard long boxes and put into a huge safe that is tempature controlled to right around 72 degrees give or take a degree. Also a reusable descant system is replaced every three months to keep even the thought of moisture out of the safe. Books I shrank wrapped 20 years ago look completely perfect as they day they went in to the boxes.

The real benifit is they are airtight keeping the air from yellowing or foxing the books. I buy the foam board in bulk as well as the bags, It costs me about a buck on average to do this to the comic. Books that are mylared or encapsulated like CGC or PGX are in no way airtight nor meet the standards or an archival case.

For me this is and has the best way I can think to keep them in great condition as I plan to let them sit for another 20 years befor eI sell them. Call me stupid but it works for me. Here is two copies of Annie Oakley #1 I bought these so cheap you wouldn't believe it if I told ya. Anyhow they are both gorgeous copies one is shrink wrapped and the other isn't.

Photobucket

Photobucket