• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,445 posts in this topic

I am starting to think EarthShaker01 may be a shill for adamstrange? Their books are equally beautiful.

Seriously, those are gorgeous books. If you have some Duck comics then feel free to post them in tth2's "Show Us Your Ducks" thread.

Well I do have a lot of Duck comics, but I thinkI am going to post all my books here so I don't have to jump around. So spread the word and check back frequently and I will post more books of all sorts. I do have 3 gorgeous copies of Four Color #386 Ill post when I get to them. Hope you guys like #1's

Thanks for the kind words and hope you enjoy these books.

Here is Three stooges #1 from (1953) I also have #1 and #2 from (1949) Jubilee publishing. Ill post all three right now. The #2 from jubilee is a 9.2 CGc and there isnt anything even close to that one out there graded.

#1 (1953)

Photobucket

#1 (1949)

Photobucket

#2 (1949)

Photobucket

Well I do have a lot of Duck comics, but I thinkI am going to post all my books here so I don't have to jump around. So spread the word and check back frequently and I will post more books of all sorts. I do have 3 gorgeous copies of Four Color #386 Ill post when I get to them. Hope you guys like #1's

Thanks for the kind words and hope you enjoy these books.

Here is Three stooges #1 from (1953) I also have #1 and #2 from (1949) Jubilee publishing. Ill post all three right now. The #2 from jubilee is a 9.2 CGc and there isnt anything even close to that one out there graded.

#2 (1949)

Photobucket

Wow! I don't I've ever seen that book before, if I had it certainly wasn't in that grade :applause:

Who is adamstrange. I am surely no shill as I have no intrest in selling my books. Not sure what your definition is of a shill. Anyhow I just enjoy posting my books. I have some really cool stuff. I have a Werid Comics #1 (1940) in NM condition no one even knows one exists in that codition. I have a ton others like that as well ill be posting as I go through and photo some more.

Super books, I am not sure I'd ever seen Cosmo Cat 2 before.

adamstrange is another board member with a fantastic collection of very high grade books across a variety of interesting titles; I was trying to pay you a geeky compliment. I hope you'll stay around and share more of your books. If you do, I suspect you'll understand the parallel I see between your and adamstrange's taste in comics.

Please bear with me, I'm chompin' at the bit to try out my new FB scanner on a few previously scanned books (look ma, ...no pool table!):

SilverStreak7.jpg

This may be my favorite comic of all time; such clean lines. Seriously, the cover was cleaned; no complaints here! lol:cloud9:

And my latest GA acquisition, courtesy of Mr. Bedrock (muchas gracias, Richard) ...

Daredevil5_CGC.jpg

Edited by DavidMerryweather

Please bear with me, I'm chompin' at the bit to try out my new FB scanner on a few previously scanned books (look ma, ...no pool table!):

SilverStreak7.jpg

This may be my favorite comic of all time; such clean lines. Seriously, the cover was cleaned; no complaints here! lol:cloud9:

And my latest GA acquisition, courtesy of Mr. Bedrock (muchas gracias, Richard) ...

Daredevil5_CGC.jpg

Very pretty David! :applause:

Some recent pick ups:

Venus1650.jpg

I especially like that cover. :applause:

It's very mysterious

Yes, they look more like rockets than gargoyles! But the interior art is beautiful!

The title fonts for each story are spectacular.

The stories are just as fabulous as Venus 17-19. :headbang:

Sorry about the glare on this one. Here is a NM+ copy of a book you never see. It is the other Atomic Comics #1 that nobody seems to have. The other series is often available but this is the only copy I have ever seen and if there are more I doubt they are NM+. THis I got from apersonal collector that bought it as a kid and read it carefully once and put it away. Ill try and get better pic up later when I pull it out another time.

. Photobucket

Some recent pick ups:

Venus1650.jpg

I especially like that cover. :applause:

It's very mysterious

Yes, they look more like rockets than gargoyles! But the interior art is beautiful!

The title fonts for each story are spectacular.

The stories are just as fabulous as Venus 17-19. :headbang:

..wheras in #15 they are a little more "transitional" More use of clean line, less use of spot blacks, but still beautiful. Hard to say whether I love these late Venuses or the three Namoras more, but would you say, Alan, that the late Venuses have gradually outstripped the Namoras in terms of collector demand?

Sorry about the glare on this one. Here is a NM+ copy of a book you never see. It is the other Atomic Comics #1 that nobody seems to have. The other series is often available but this is the only copy I have ever seen and if there are more I doubt they are NM+. THis I got from apersonal collector that bought it as a kid and read it carefully once and put it away. Ill try and get better pic up later when I pull it out another time.

. Photobucket

Amazing books! Some very high grade collections are well known on these boards - those of adamstrange, cheetah, Mr Bedrock and others. Looks like yours belongs in their august company! Thanks for sharing them!

Some I've never even seen before, including this Atomic Comics!