• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,442 posts in this topic

Love the cover on this one, but something odd about this girls shape. Its #1 (1947) it's pretty rare in this shape. Not sure if there are nicer ones out there.

here's the crippen copy.

blackstone1.jpg

I got two copies of this Four color #133. This is the worst one and it is probably a NM-. I'll get the ohter one up here shortly

Photobucket

I remember as a kid in the 70's Tracy was still a cartoon in the sunday funnies . Nice book

Got to say the Crippen Copy is nice but I think I like mine a little more. I can get past the writing on comics. It just ruins them for me. Anyhow Here is T-Man #1 highest graded.

Photobucket

T-Man is impossible to get a run in nice shape. Beautiful copy of #1.

I'm glad to see all these great books on the boards.

So check this Crackajack Funnies #5 in great shape, it actually has a nude girl on the cover. How crazy is that? Tried to blow up pic so you could see her. got a little grainy sorry

Photobucket

Here is my Crackajack funnies #1 in NM++++ shape. I got this book from a woman who was running a chuch sale. She said an old woman dropped off a box of news papers and magazines. She said in one of the magazines she found this comic. It was between the folds of a old life magazine. There isn't a flaw on it. Looks like it came off the press today. I paid here 200.00 for this book. Sometimes you just get lucky. Sorry ofr any glare I already shrinkwrapped this book.

Photobucket

A couple of recent raw acquisitions, freshly scanned...

img_RedSeal19_042.jpg

img_RedSeal20_043.jpg

:insane:

I like the pool table shots better :sorry:

:ohnoez: But, ...but you can't see the book details as well in those digital camera shots on the pool table! :cry:

hm Maybe if I used a red felt backing on my scanner it'll make the pool table fanciers happier.

Here's another scan (framed by a darker background) of a book that I've had in my collection since the mid-70's; I hope this leaves a more favorable impression... :wishluck:

img_WeirdSF25_044.jpg

Edited by DavidMerryweather

A couple of recent raw acquisitions, freshly scanned...

img_RedSeal19_042.jpg

img_RedSeal20_043.jpg

:insane:

I like the pool table shots better :sorry:

:ohnoez: But, ...but you can't see the book details as well in those digital camera shots on the pool table! :cry:

hm Maybe if I used a red felt backing on my scanner it'll make the pool table fanciers happier.

Here's another scan (framed by a darker background) of a book that I've had in my collection since the mid-70's; I hope this leaves a more favorable impression... :wishluck:

img_WeirdSF25_044.jpg

Al spelled your name wrong!