• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,443 posts in this topic

I am most excited about getting this one from my buddy Gene. I've wanted one for a long time, and almost bought this exact copy several years ago but didn't pull the trigger. I regretted it ever since. The regret, and the wait, is over!!!

starspangled7.jpg

Love it! Nice looking copy of a cool book. Congrats Bill! Sorry I missed the show.

5923016017_e2069b1795_z.jpg

I posted this picture in the Philly Con information section but it fits here to.

Bill had lots of stuff for sale.

I picked up some more Mystery in Space issues and a Straight Arrow 4 that was missing from my run.

Looking good, buddy :applause:

I am most excited about getting this one from my buddy Gene. I've wanted one for a long time, and almost bought this exact copy several years ago but didn't pull the trigger. I regretted it ever since. The regret, and the wait, is over!!!

starspangled7.jpg

Love it! Nice looking copy of a cool book. Congrats Bill! Sorry I missed the show.

Everyone was asking for you.

5923016017_e2069b1795_z.jpg

I posted this picture in the Philly Con information section but it fits here to.

Bill had lots of stuff for sale.

I picked up some more Mystery in Space issues and a Straight Arrow 4 that was missing from my run.

Looking good, buddy :applause:

Looking like I need to lose 20 pounds lol

Patsy had nice taste in books Dan :applause:

Five minutes of google searching found Ms. Marsh - or who I think she is. 1950 graduate of Immaculate Conception High School in Newburyport, MA, where these books came from. A 1950 graduate would make her 11 in 1943. Sweet spot. I may try to send her a letter.

You should Dan. She would probably get a kick out of it.

Landed this book recently and thought ....."y'know.... thats a double electric bolt murder cover " . Can't be many of those around :popcorn:

PlasticMan32.jpg

I love double electric bolt covers (thumbs u

I have two of em ... :grin:

Had fun at the Philadelphia Comic Con today. Got to hang out with some old friends I haven't seen in ages, and some new ones as well.

Managed to pick up a few fun books, and sold quite a few too

:

Not quite GA, but I like it

Casper #1

casper1.jpg

Infinity Cover !! :applause:

starspangled7.jpg

Here is the splash page to this book. Just fantastic!

ss7splash.jpg

starspangled7.jpg

Here is the splash page to this book. Just fantastic!

ss7splash.jpg

I was with you a few years ago when we went over to gene's booth in chicago...you sure himmed and hawwed over that book...glad you secured it (thumbs u

Me too Gator. He didn't have it on display, and I lameted to him that I should not have passed on it. He said "I still have it, it's in a box behind my booth". I said :takeit:
I love a happy ending, and the fact that you got your book too lol

Working deal on some some books that were bought in a warehouse sale 30 years ago from a publisher that went out of business. These comics from late 40's early fifites have never been circulated and are in NM condition. Owner says he bought them on a whim among other things and is not a comic collector in any way, just bought them because they were cheap at the time in the 70's. Can't say more right now, other than I received 10 of the comics already and they truly are NM+ uncirculated comics, but if things workout it may cost me about 5k for all that he has, but well worth it if the owner sells. Lets just say one of the comics is booking for 23k and he wants to sell everything to get rid of them because he is getting too old to hang on to stuff.

Working deal on some some books that were bought in a warehouse sale 30 years ago from a publisher that went out of business. These comics from late 40's early fifites have never been circulated and are in NM condition. Owner says he bought them on a whim among other things and is not a comic collector in any way, just bought them because they were cheap at the time in the 70's. Can't say more right now, other than I received 10 of the comics already and they truly are NM+ uncirculated comics, but if things workout it may cost me about 5k for all that he has, but well worth it if the owner sells. Lets just say one of the comics is booking for 23k and he wants to sell everything to get rid of them because he is getting too old to hang on to stuff.

:o

Me too Gator. He didn't have it on display, and I lameted to him that I should not have passed on it. He said "I still have it, it's in a box behind my booth". I said :takeit:
I love a happy ending, and the fact that you got your book too lol

Thats a pretty cool splash page too :applause:

Sounds interesting indeed, even without knowing what they are. If I may offer a suggestion: get all the info you can about the particulars of the warehouse find -- what it contained, how it ended up there and when, and so on, and after the deal document it somewhere (like here). I think such information is important to the history of the hobby.

Good luck with the deal and let us know how it goes. (thumbs u