• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,421 posts in this topic

Working deal on some some books that were bought in a warehouse sale 30 years ago from a publisher that went out of business. These comics from late 40's early fifites have never been circulated and are in NM condition. Owner says he bought them on a whim among other things and is not a comic collector in any way, just bought them because they were cheap at the time in the 70's. Can't say more right now, other than I received 10 of the comics already and they truly are NM+ uncirculated comics, but if things workout it may cost me about 5k for all that he has, but well worth it if the owner sells. Lets just say one of the comics is booking for 23k and he wants to sell everything to get rid of them because he is getting too old to hang on to stuff.

My recommendation is you close the deal fast. The vultures have a way of sniffing these things out once you talk about it

Good luck, and can't wait to see what you've turned up (thumbs u

Working deal on some some books that were bought in a warehouse sale 30 years ago from a publisher that went out of business. These comics from late 40's early fifites have never been circulated and are in NM condition. Owner says he bought them on a whim among other things and is not a comic collector in any way, just bought them because they were cheap at the time in the 70's. Can't say more right now, other than I received 10 of the comics already and they truly are NM+ uncirculated comics, but if things workout it may cost me about 5k for all that he has, but well worth it if the owner sells. Lets just say one of the comics is booking for 23k and he wants to sell everything to get rid of them because he is getting too old to hang on to stuff.

My recommendation is you close the deal fast. The vultures have a way of sniffing these things out once you talk about it

Good luck, and can't wait to see what you've turned up (thumbs u

At what point does the "counterfit" thing come into play in a situation like this ? Stacks of NM books .... 60 years old ..... might be good to take an authenticator friend with you

Who loves the Original GL

A purchase from Ciorac a few years back has finally been CGC'd and to say I'm quite pleased is an understatement. :banana:

And someday I will get a real scanner :lol:

113572.jpg.24ee7069eed8bf2330d1369fc23d141c.jpg

found me a new raboy today. i like me some mac.

gl4.jpg

SWEET (thumbs u

DSCN8475.jpg

Let's follow up one Raboy book with another. One of the all-time great GA covers and a really toughie to find in grade!

That's a nice copy, sir! Exactly the kind of book that would fit nicely into my collection. And someone else's... eh, Straw-man?

But I'm sure you'll keep it for a good long while. Great pickup. (thumbs u

DSCN8475.jpg

Let's follow up one Raboy book with another. One of the all-time great GA covers and a really toughie to find in grade!

color me envious. beautiful, sir.

DSCN8475.jpg

color me envious. beautiful, sir.

Thanks for the nice comment. Yes, if you check the CGC census, you will find only seven copies. Compared to the Masters 21 and 22 and the Whiz 25, that's far fewer. I'm not sure why the 23 is so scarce, but perhaps you have some thoughts.

SLR