• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,425 posts in this topic

Loydall is a valid surname but that dosnt look quite right either

It could be that. What is the first initial for Loydall? Assuming there was an inker with that name

There is a UK gallery of that name, strangely.

www.loydallgallery.co.uk/

Unfortunately I've never come across the name in the context of comic books, so it's a long shot. I'd have to assume that it was "L. Loydall" but it doesnt ring any bells and cant find anything on Google. Jut wanted to throw it out there as an alternative reading.

And another one...officially my lowest graded slabbed book :banana:

Cat-Man #24

grade schmade, that's a great looking catman.

do i hear a new thread a'callin'? "post your lowest graded slab."

Thank you. The Who's Who is down right now but, like you, I am having a tough time reading this. For sure, doesn't look like Burlockoff as Delich suggests in the credit at GCD.

The third letter appears to be a y (compare it to the y in "by") but then, right after, it looks like another Capital letter rather than a regular letter ???

It looks like KOZLAN, but that makes no sense to me

How about John Chester Kozlak? hm

Thank you. The Who's Who is down right now but, like you, I am having a tough time reading this. For sure, doesn't look like Burlockoff as Delich suggests in the credit at GCD.

The third letter appears to be a y (compare it to the y in "by") but then, right after, it looks like another Capital letter rather than a regular letter ???

I think we have a ^^

He has other inking credits for GA Green Lantern

Good job Cat!

Now Selegue can update the index on GCD

I'm a huge fan (thumbs u

All I have is the t-shirt and the coffee mug :sorry:

Well done Cat!

Cat-Man #24

but it is a beauty....took me a while to find that copy (I Think I bought that copy off boardie josfriend)... presents SO much nicer than a 1.5, but detached cover did it in # grade wise

Cat-Man #24

but it is a beauty....took me a while to find that copy (I Think I bought that copy off boardie josfriend)... presents SO much nicer than a 1.5, but detached cover did it in # grade wise

I could have wept.

A couple of foreign comics from 1938 and 1939. 12.5"x9" black and white interiors. They may be reprints of other comics as there is an ad on the back talking about L'Agent Secret X-9.

scan0004-1.jpg

scan0005-1.jpg

scan0006.jpg

Raoul et Gaston is the translated name of Tim Tyler's Luck, the strip by Lyman Young, older brother of Chic Young of Blondie's fame.

The thing of interest about the strip is that Alex Raymond helped (drew) on the strip for Lyman before going out on his own.

6652666547_dcd683ff1d_b.jpg

I have always enjoyed this Captain Marvel cover. I didn't manage to buy the original but I did pick up the puzzle. Photoshopped a little, please excuse.

you are excused professor. Very cool item :)

6653244763_09e3954056_z.jpg

I have always enjoyed this Captain Marvel cover. I didn't manage to buy the original but I did pick up the puzzle. Photoshopped a little, please excuse.

you are excused professor. Very cool item :)

Thanks Bill. The Box of Doom was in pretty nice shape too.

Edited by BB-Gun

I dont own any catman love to some day. The closet is have is a Holyoke that reprints some story from Cat man.

I like that Holyoke issue. Does it have Miss Victory by Quinlan and Catman from Crash 4 by Tuska or did I mix up my issues?