• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,451 posts in this topic

Picked these up at a local show today. Incomplete but affordable:

Scan4.jpg

In 1948 Doc Strange was called up before HUAC to explain his communist sympathies and refused to name names, resulting in his blacklisting from comic books for several decades.

Cashed in some trade credits at the Richmond show and got these goodies. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

scan0001-13.jpg

scan0002-12.jpg

scan0003-12.jpg

.....and this one from James Payette, a nice copy if not for some writing on the first page...

scan0004-12.jpg

scan0005-15.jpg

Had a good time at the Philly show today. And managed to pick up a few items for the collection :)

Finally nabbed a D Tracy page to go with all those Tracy comics I have :cloud9:

Thanks to Al Stoltz for this one (thumbs u

DTracy48pg29.jpg

Well done Billbo :applause: I'm so glad you've been bitten by the art bug and am waiting to see what else you turn up :popcorn:

I saw that on the WW site and was not surprised to see that it sold that quickly. It's an example of how appealing Win Mortimer's art is! :applause:

nice Crack you've got there Bill :roflmao:

anyone know much about this title Eye-Opener....from 1957. printed in Canada I believe. similar interiors to the digests you see, but this is a 35cent comic sized version. I'd love to find out more. Reminds me of the title sideshow and bachelors diary.

120384.jpg

Thanks

Some guy named Barks used to draw cartoons for the Calgary Eye-Opener.

3532989313_33d0414e36.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

I saw that on the WW site and was not surprised to see that it sold that quickly. It's an example of how appealing Win Mortimer's art is! :applause:

I was surprised how tough this book is. The 9.0 is the highest graded, with a humble 6.5 coming in 2nd.

I too was tempted, but since my WF run starts at 40, if I bought that nice 39, I would feel "compeled " to go back and get 30-39 doh!

I was surprised how tough this book is. The 9.0 is the highest graded, with a humble 6.5 coming in 2nd.

all of them from late 40's through 50's are tough in grade... (thumbs u