• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

Proud new owner of these two bad boys:

MC1a.jpg

MC2a.jpg

Very Cool!!

:applause:

Those are great! I put in some half-hearted bids on the Jumbos but didn't win any of them.

Proud new owner of these two bad boys:

MC1a.jpg

MC2a.jpg

Very Cool!!

:applause:

Those are great! I put in some half-hearted bids on the Jumbos but didn't win any of them.

Thanks guys. The Jumbo's went for strong prices imo. I'm happy with these two. I was the underbidder on the #3 and I think Zaid won the #4.

This is a biggy for me. I've always wanted a nice looking copy of what I consider to be one of the top ten covers of the Golden Age. Love the page quality, and love the fact that there are no dust shadows, which seem so common on this book. Now I just need to find a nice #69 to keep it company...

Thanks, Gator!

detective071.jpg

This is a biggy for me. I've always wanted a nice looking copy of what I consider to be one of the top ten covers of the Golden Age. Love the page quality, and love the fact that there are no dust shadows, which seem so common on this book. Now I just need to find a nice #69 to keep it company...

Thanks, Gator!

detective071.jpg

Great book Jeff, but isn't that a light dust shadow running across the bottom edge? Maybe it's my monitor.

I've always felt the tec run from #66-71 was a perfect mini run of awesome covers! Too bad #72 had to ruin it! :sick:

tec 69 and 71 are cool books...I kept a 8.0 and 8.5 respectively (I have now sold all my under copies, so no more PMs lol ) , and to be honest, my 8.5 #71 barely looks better than this 7.5 (and at more than 2x the cost!)...

glad jeff contacted me, or I would have just sold it to some random one at megacon, so good to know it stays in 'house"

Great book Jeff, but isn't that a light dust shadow running across the bottom edge? Maybe it's my monitor.

I've always felt the tec run from #66-71 was a perfect mini run of awesome covers! Too bad #72 had to ruin it! :sick:

73 is one of my favorites of the tec GA books...I had like 7 copies last year, and that took me 3 years to accumulate... it is a tough book, but of late, because I am a maroon and overpay, some more have come out of the woodwork... but I agree, 72 is a bit of a stinker

Thanks, Gator!

detective071.jpg

West, it's probably my scanner, not your monitor. It tends to scan a bit dark. In hand, I see no dust shadow at all!

I agree about 66-71. An awesome run.