• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,424 posts in this topic

You know I've been looking at this title because of the Billy book heritage sold and I think it's looking pretty good.Nice copy man!

A recent arrival. I think MLJ could easily become an addiction.

pep1_626a.jpg

Centaurs and now MLJ's - you're hooked now!

I first saw that cover (full size scan) in Richard O'Brien's The Golden Age of Comics (published 1977), and it was love at first sight. I highly recommend the book (if you don't have a copy already).

A recent arrival. I think MLJ could easily become an addiction.

pep1_626a.jpg

Centaurs and now MLJ's - you're hooked now!

I first saw that cover (full size scan) in Richard O'Brien's The Golden Age of Comics (published 1977), and it was love at first sight. I highly recommend the book (if you don't have a copy already).

That's where I saw it too! I would love to eventually have every cover in that book. I was hooked after I got that as a Christmas gift as a kid.

I picked up this one up recently (a month or two ago), and I've never seen anyone post a copy. (shrug)

The Griffin on the cover reminds me of the recent Blue Bolt #105 that was posted in the "Classic covers" thread a few days ago. So I dug it out and scanned it. :)

adv185.jpg

edit: One of the things I like about this cover is that the logo is not black highlighted like all the other Adventure logos.

Edited by Blind Owl